1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life On Mars

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ILPhinFan88, Oct 9, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

2. baboo72

baboo72 Bleeding aqua & orange

Mar 23, 2008
    Watford, England
    Its a great show man, keep with it, it gets better.

very accurate looking for the time (even though I would have been 1 at the time it reminds me of my early years). The ending wasn't what I was expecting and really wished it went on longer.

3. ILPhinFan88

Anybody else watching this? It's just notas good as the original.

4. ILPhinFan88

Its been OK, just hard to compete with how great the original was.

U.K. Mars Creator Praises ABC's

The co-creator of the BBC's time-travel cop series Life on Mars gives high marks to ABC's American version of the show as being in the same gritty spirit as the U.K. original, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

"I think it's marvelous," co-creator Ashley Pharoah--who was in New York to pick up the show's second International Emmy for best drama--told the trade paper. "We're really very proud of it."

Pharoah said that he understands that the U.S. version was likely to take a different direction from the British version. For one thing, the U.K. Life on Mars ran for a planned 16 episodes, while the ABC version could have a first season of 22 episodes and could have many more if it's picked up for further seasons.

"They're changing the mythology, which I think is all right," Pharoah said. "It has to be different. Otherwise everyone just goes on YouTube and sees how it ends."

It's widely speculated that the U.S. show will also have a different explanation for the central character's dilemma: He's a 21st-century cop who mysteriously finds himself transported back to the 1970s

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=62435

5. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    how did the bbc one end

6. ILPhinFan88

Him geting back to current time and missing the 70's so he jumps off a rooftop hoping to go back to the 70's

But there is alot more to it than what it sounds like, and that is the end of season 2.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOEfvMMcw_A&feature=related[/ame]

7. mf52dolphin

mf52dolphin Season Ticket Holder

Dec 5, 2007
    This show is by far the new show that I have I liked the most in 4 years since House first started.
    It has by far the best music of any show in many years.
    It is frustrating that will not be a new episode until January 29th:tantrum:

8. ILPhinFan88

You should check out the BBC original, it is 10 times better :up:

9. ILPhinFan88

Wow, they really really screwed up a good show. :no:

10. Cosmic

Cosmic Social Disease

Dec 10, 2007
    I really liked the show, and was upset when I heard it had been told to "wrap it up" since they weren't going to be renewed. I have to admit, the ending made me laugh out loud. It was so cheesy and over the top I couldn't help it.

The one thing I never got was how did he keep his hands off Windy? Jeez, no way I could have resisted tapping that-especially with all the openings she gave him.

11. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Loved the show. Not crazy about the ending.
    Part of me believes this was the producers way of sticking it to ABC for axing the show.
    I will never understand how a show with Harvey Keitel and Gretchen Mol isn't a ratings hit.

12. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    great show, horrible ending.

I read some interviews that the writers said it was always going to end like that