Liberia

7 replies

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporterOP
Jun 26, 2013, 06:02 PM

Pardon my naivete, but I honestly, up until about a couple days ago, had no idea about the history of this country. Holy ****.

I knew about Rwanda and the Belgians' contribution to its state, but... Liberia is, quite something to behold (from an American perspective).

This is stuff you don't hear about in high school when they talk about US slavery, its abolition, and the aftermath.

The following is a documentary by Vice (spoiler: some graphic stuff through the begining) of the post 3rd civil war conditions.
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/vice-guide-travel-liberia/#ooid=s5ZGZpMjr8U64DfnrjQF0kLrO0J9cyVK

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Jun 26, 2013, 06:35 PM

Didn't need any more reasons why the UN is an absolute joke.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Jun 26, 2013, 07:40 PM

That was sort of the norm in some parts of Africa

Jun 27, 2013, 06:44 AM

The first congregation I served many years ago sponsored a medical doctor at a hospital in the interior. He would return on furlough and come speak to us. The primitiveness of the nation was horrible. I vividly remember him telling of going to a med school reunion. Not another doctor in his class had ever seen a case of measles and he lost a child a month or more to the disease!

OHIOPHINPHAN
Witness to the first ever practice of the Miami Dolphins, 1966.

EshlemonEshlemonForum Veteran
Aug 15, 2013, 03:00 PM

"lmeister3 wrote:

Pardon my naivete, but I honestly, up until about a couple days ago, had no idea about the history of this country. Holy ****.

I knew about Rwanda and the Belgians' contribution to its state, but... Liberia is, quite something to behold (from an American perspective).

This is stuff you don't hear about in high school when they talk about US slavery, its abolition, and the aftermath.

The following is a documentary by Vice (spoiler: some graphic stuff through the begining) of the post 3rd civil war conditions.
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/vice-guide-travel-liberia/#ooid=s5ZGZpMjr8U64DfnrjQF0kLrO0J9cyVK

Me too. It can be tough to get information on certain under-reported and researched parts of history. Not a video for the faint of heart.

JajJajNew Member
Sep 12, 2013, 11:55 PM

After this video I've stopped *****ing, fearing, and really whining about almost anything in my daily life outside off course of things related to family.

Bring this man back into the fold if you want some real leadership on this team.

Sep 16, 2013, 11:34 PM

"lmeister3 wrote:

Pardon my naivete, but I honestly, up until about a couple days ago, had no idea about the history of this country. Holy ****.

I knew about Rwanda and the Belgians' contribution to its state, but... Liberia is, quite something to behold (from an American perspective).

This is stuff you don't hear about in high school when they talk about US slavery, its abolition, and the aftermath.

The following is a documentary by Vice (spoiler: some graphic stuff through the begining) of the post 3rd civil war conditions.
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/vice-guide-travel-liberia/#ooid=s5ZGZpMjr8U64DfnrjQF0kLrO0J9cyVK

You're talking about American Colonization Society right?

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Sep 16, 2013, 11:40 PM

Yessir

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.