1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

let's start with Sparano

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by the 23rd, Jan 2, 2011.

1. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    then do three things to fix the offense in order of importance
    1) fire Sparano, Henning, the Offensive Lines, QB & WR's coaches
    2) trade Henne & let Brown go
    3) acquire: QB, Center, Guard, RB, TE

2. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Brown can't be traded b/c he'll be a free agent. I'm pretty sure he'll be a UFA this time around.

3. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    then let Brown go & get a new RB to take his place

4. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Salvaging a 6th or 7th for Henne? Ehhhhh, Id keep him as a backup for that.

But your right, if he is the starter it will be an uneasy feeling every single game in 2011.

5. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    cut your loses, get what you can get for the henne
    he is a total bust, a bad penne:dunno: I mean henne
    the franchise has more future in Thigpen as a back-up

6. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Look bro, we all know you hate Henne, but he's not going anywhere. Nobody is going to trade for him. Unless maybe Lloyd Carr takes a job coaching in the NFL. He's going to be here next year, at least as a backup. Who knows what a new staff can do with him.

I agree though, fire Sparano and Henning. I would have fired them at halftime today if I could have.

7. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    you will never see the hen under center in a dolphin uniform again, thigpen is a better back-up

I don't hate anyone, including Sparano & Henne
    I wish them well in a place far, far away from here
    :yes:my only concern is for the team

8. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    The problem here all rests on Parcells, and Sporano. This was an experiment that failed and they need to admit it. Atlanta, Miami and KC all started to rebuild at the same time. What happened to Miami? Parcells broken promises and missing tutelage created this mess and they should be fired because of it. I'd even fire the water boys. When you switch in mid-stream from a run first offense to pass first offense and you don't have the personnel to do it - you should be fired.

"a hunter who chases two rabbits catches neither."

9. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    I wouldn't give you even a 7th rounder for henne.

10. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Henne isn't going anywhere. why would anyone trade for him? if we cut him, he'll probably go to New England and kick our *** next season.

It is blatantly obvious that this team has given up on Sparano, especially on offense. when that happens, you have to try to find a better replacement. It doesn't mean we can find a better replacement, but a fresh face is needed.

IMO, the last few weeks, we're more of a joke than even the Cam regime. mainly because we are more talented. total joke today.

Pandarilla likes this.
  11. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    And Henne can't be traded b/c no team in their right mind would give up a draft pick for him.

12. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    they're all out the door or the franchise is irrepairable

13. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Should have sniffed trading Ronnie Brown before the deadline.
    Didn't happen. We sat on our hands.

14. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    If Henne is a "total bust", then I doubt they'll be much of a trade market for him. Just sayin.

If you fire Sparano & the staff you still have to pay them. You've got to hire a new staff, The new HC may want to hire is own defensive coaches, so maybe Nolan is gone also. The top tier HCs like Gruden and Cowher will want personell control, that means you'll have to fire Ireland, and pay the rest of his contract as well. Of course if you fire Ireland and Sparano, you're pissing away the 4 million you owe to Parcells b/c he won't be doing anything for you. Hopefully, the CBA is signed in a hurry, or else the new coach won't have anywhere near a full offseason to install his scheme and bulid a rapport with the players. The team loves Sparano, they play hard for him every week and he's the only guy in the franchise that Marshall has anything positive to say about. But who cares what the players think, right? Firing everyone may seem like a good idea to a fan, but if you're the one signing the checks and finding replacements, maybe not so much.

15. finsbuck719

finsbuck719 New Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Why does everyone want to trade Henne? All we will get out of it is maybe a 6th. You guys contradict yourselves so much. I see everyone saying Henne is one of the worst QBs in the league, then they expect we can trade him for decent value.

16. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    get what you can get & cut your loses