1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's put these events in to perspective

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bumrush, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Let's go back 15 years.. And put things in perspective:

Jimmygate - Jimmy calls the Dolphins a Super Bowl team on Fox, when the team fails to make the playoffs Wayne basically shoves Shula out of town and the Savior comes in to fix the team and salary cap.

Jimmy/ Marino Gate: Jimmy handcuffs Marino, throws away the offensive playbook, takes away his audible abilities and ensuing drama drags out for two seasons. "We will run the footbal" is the JJ mantra, even if it means 2.2 yards per carry. Marino is never the same and Jimmy never pulls the blockbuster deal to trade Marino and rebuild the franchise.

JimmyQuit Lets Hire Wanny as Head Coach JRGate - Jimmy, after getting creamed by Denver quits. Wayne bends over, begs and promises him a lap dog in Wanny to co-coach the team.

62-7 Gate - Nuff said

WannyGate - Field goals and punting are good and lets overwork our D all year so they collapse at the end. The road loss to NE to lose the division after the Mucas fiasco was perhaps my worst moment ever as a Dolphin fan. Don't even get me started on trading away draft picks for horse manure or drafting the wrong players year in and year out.

RickyGate - Do I really need to keep going?

SatanGate- Do I need to rehash this one as well?

Camueller GinnGate - Seriously, do I need to bring up 1-15 and drafting Tedd Ginns family and John Beck?

HarbaughGate? We are abandoning the team with a roster that is finally makes progress, a top 10 D, and in need of a few more pieces on offense because we couldn't get yet another college coach and retained the one coach we have had this century that has actually given us a respectable season?

I look at the above and to me these past few days are far less painful than any of those events. Far less painful.

We are no longer an elite franchise, we are middle of the pack so we shouldn't be surprised if we get spurned. I hope this serves as a wakeup call. Stick to the plan, develop a QB, play to win and continue to develop. No need for flash.

Anonymous and MarinePhinFan like this.
  2. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    Stop it, you're making too much sense and will get flamed/banned. ;)

Bumrush likes this.
  3. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    Bro.. I was hating you last week during the Brady discussion.

Let me go back to being a true Dolphin fan that will fight for this team and loves this team more than any other, including my beloved Heat.

F*ck Tom Brady, he isn't a top 10 QB, let alone top 30 QB :D

MarinePhinFan likes this.
  4. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    I knew you'd see the light. ;)

haha

5. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    We have collectively suffered through years of pain and suffering.

I stand before everyone here and apologize if I was hard or critical of anyone here today.

At the end of the day I know every true fan in here, and we all are (except for the damn stinking Jets trolls) will stand by this team and continue to support them.

All I hope is that we go in to 2011 supporting our HC and rookie / FA class (if there is one) and give them a fair shot.

6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well keep in mind BR people lack both memory and perspective, I can recall the "Great" Don Shula and the "Great" Dan Marino stumbling to 6-10 finishes, I can also recall in 04 they decided Wanny needed a GM, Rick Speilman applied and campaigned for the job, after they looked at 9 other guys they hired him, Wanny hated to work with him as he felt he stabbed him in the back, we all recall how that season went down.

I'd, for once, like to try..Patience..with the Dolphins, the one thing that has not been tried since 1996...