1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's All Give Armando a High Five!!!

Discussion in 'SoapBox - Rants forum' started by RevRick, May 10, 2013.

1. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Armando reminds me somewhat of the three old hags at the beginning of Macbeth. Always trying to stir something up, he is! I just read the article listed below. You may obviously feel free to read it - but I feel it was an absolute waste of time. Drawing the simplistic comparison of QB stats in isolation to find a manner in which he can twist Sherman's thoughts to come up with something oh-so-cutely negative is just the height of Armando's journalistic skill. He plays for about six paragraphs trying to prove that Sherman hasn't really said anything of note. Well, what he did say was

But Armando, in his own pedantic way spun it to be something along the lines of "Oh, my! Oh, my! The QB will not be good enough! Sherman doesn't know what he's saying! We need a miracle! We need .... uh......." He doesn't have the foggiest idea - period - but he had to put something down for his column. So
    "Double, Double, toil and trouble.
    Fire burn and cauldron bubble.
    Let my keyboard clatter be
    dreams of Dolphins' misery."*

*With apologies to the Bard!

Cheers, all!

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2013/05/being-most-improved-isnt-enough-for-tannehill.html

cuchulainn and smahtaz like this.
  2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Writers discovered they get more hits from being negative then being positive or even neutral.

"..if to die, we shall do our country no loss.."

3. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    This will probably be put in rants quickly but your correct Armongo just keeping his mongo line of thinking. If you make up a good story it's usually better than the real thing not so vanilla.

4. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    That is dumb thinking. Tannehill does not need to surpass Luck, RG3 or Wilson this year. He just needs to show marked improvement and make the playoffs, and the latter one is only gravy truthfully. I'd settle for showing him showing his continued clear improvement throughout the season.

cuchulainn likes this.
  5. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

The argument is weak because two of the rookies had a better season than Joe Flacco.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2