1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let the stinkin Texans have it!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by shaunm000, Dec 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. shaunm000

shaunm000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    My anger from yesterday's loss just made me fear for the safety of the Houston Texans. I cant imagine the anger these Miami Dolphins have after that gut wrenching loss yesterday. Throw in the fact that we have never beaten the Texans, i fear a severe butt kicking is coming.

I only saw the Texan highlights from yesterday so a full review and assumption cannot be made on my part. But im looking for a nice bounce back from Vontae against Johnson and I can vision Chad Henne throwing the ball well at home.

I know theres not much to this post, but im trying to stay positive and look forward to what i feel will be a big win and a belated xmas gift from my Dolphins.

dolfan7171, EdSta74, Merauder and 3 others like this.
  2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

i hope we take it out on pitt. more than houston. i hope we win both, but if we're going to administer an *** whoopin i hope it's against pitt.

dolfan7171 and shaunm000 like this.
  3. shaunm000

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    HAHA, i totally agree! Heres to letting them both have it!

4. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    If we beat the Texans Sunday, it will be the first time ever.
    I wouldn't be counting those chickens just yet.

Agua, dolfan7171 and krypto like this.
  5. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I agree with Shaunm, the Tennessee game was horrible officiating and despite the turnovers Miami manhandled them. I am expecting the Fins to finally gain that "killer instinct" many have said they lack and this is the perfect time of year for everything to come together on all cylinders. I also predict a Miami blowout.

shaunm000 and dolfan7171 like this.
  6. shaunm000

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    Had you read my post you would have noticed i mentioned we have never beaten them.

That was then, this is now. Chad Henne hadnt beaten alot of teams until this year and hes 7-4 as a starter. Im counting this chicken now!

dolfan7171 and EdSta74 like this.
  7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    It's gonna be tough to get physical at the line with a guy in the shape of Andre. As physical as Vontae is, he is still severely undersized. As always with AJ, and our secondary, we've almost come to expect big plays against our secondary. Especially with the hapless #28 backing up the rookie corners.

That said, they are missing Steve Slaton, so that might be some help in terms of gameplanning against their weapons.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  8. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    Wow, I read the post title and first thought that you were suggesting the Phins roll over and give the game (it) to the Texans.

Glad I was wrong!

But yeah, I expect this to be a take your frustration out type of game. Although it could be pretty dangerous, if I recall the Texans are out of the playoff race, so they're playing for fun, and pride at this point.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  9. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    The Dolphins couldn't defend Vince Young's terrible lob passes into double coverage. I fear for the safety of our secondary with Shaub and Andre.

10. EdSta74

EdSta74 I

Mar 22, 2008
    Long Island City, NY
    I will be leaving the 2 feet of snow we got Sunday to the sunny skies of South Florida to root for my Phins! Nothing would be sweeter that watching Vontae shut down AJ, Shaub eating alot of Dolphins stadium dirt and Ricky running amok! Go Phins!!!

11. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    Ever heard the saying, "A Champion is the Champion until someone takes them out"? Well we have yet to beat the Texans and with our secondary, I have a hard time believing we're going to beat these guys. Anyone else noticed Henne is starting to make questionable throws? I mean yea, he completes them, but those types of throw are way too close for comfort and against a good secondary, would get picked off. On replays, you see the DB's just missing the ball by a hair. You keep knocking on the devil's door and one day he'll answer.

12. shaunm000

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    Then why watch the game, why bother trying to beleive in this team? lets just tank the last 2 games to get a better draft position.

Dude, have some faith!

dolfan7171 likes this.
  13. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    You take your "we'll probably lose so I won't be disappointed" approach, I'll take my "we'll probably win and I may drink myself to sleep" approach. :up:

siciliansith and dolphinfn3454 like this.
  14. shaunm000

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    How much bigger is AJ than Randy Moss?

I remember seeing VD go up for a ball against Moss in the end zone against NE and come away with it.

15. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Moss is actually taller than AJ. The main difference between AJ and Moss however, is that AJ is a big-time WR who plays like one 110% of the time. If the ball is in the air and he wants it, he'll take it. He doesn't quit on routes like Moss does. AJ is a guy who has NEVER taken his talent for granted, even when he had chumps lining up under Center (he is a team captain for a reason). That's a lot more than you can say about ole Randy in his short tenure in Oakland.

For the above reasons, having to cover Johnson makes defending Moss look like a walk-in-the park. Which is why I'm so fearful for our young defensive backs.

16. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    They have don't have Welker. That changes the equation entirely.

17. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Well, I think I have pretty good justification for not getting my hopes up in this case.