1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let the Mind Games Begin

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 10, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
  2. gcd960

gcd960 Junior Member

Mar 26, 2008
    What about posting a comment/paragraph statement from the article? That would help out the folks who cannot view the link.... Some of us have some sites blocked at work or view from their phone...

3. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Nice. i like what we are doing for sure!

4. Baxter

Baxter Premium Member Luxury Box

Good article, Thanks for the link. Its going to be very interesting to see how this plays out. I love the idea of driving down the price of the number one pick or maybe even the slight chance that we can trade down.

5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC

Hes not being paid to bring YOU dolphins news....

He cant make everyone happy man, i dunno if you were trying to be rude....but it came off that way to me.

ATVZ400 likes this.
  6. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

The gist of the article is exactly what pretty much everyone else is saying...Tunaland is negotiating, in public to bring about the best contract IF they intend to take Jake or Gholsten and that it shouldn't surprising if Ryan and Chris Long get in on the action a little before the draft sometime...

Nothing earth shattering or new. They also bring out the point that this may be part of the smoke and mirrors routine to entice someone to trade up (Oakland, for example is rumored to be enamored with Gholsten)...

It's a good article, but it's all been said before by different posters on this board since the new of Jake (and now Ghosten) being talked with...

7. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Here is a paragraph I can't post the entire article as per Mods.........

Sure, all of this could be much simpler than is being suggested here. Perhaps the Dolphins are just head over heels in love with Jake Long. There is, after all, a desperate need on the offensive line. Long, together with Vernon Carey, could give the Dolphins stability at Tackle for the next 10 seasons. It would also make sense given that the best two players on offense are running backs (Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams) and that a young QB prospect (John Beck or someone else) is likely to be at the helm of the ship in 2008. Young QBs take a bit longer to make decisions, and a franchise left tackle, someone who can hold off a premier pass rusher for an extra fraction of time, can make all the difference.

There’s no question that Jake Long would be a pick that everyone would feel good about, especially if he comes at a lower price.

8. Marino1983

Marino1983 Junior Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Bill Parcells is about as predictable as the weather...

And that is a great positive for this organization!

Marino1983