1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leroy Hill now a Free Agent

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphinsfan69, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Dolphinsfan69

Dolphinsfan69 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I know it's not Dolphins news, but thought ya'll would like to know. With the selection of Aaron Curry, Seattle has removed the franchise tag on LB Leroy Hill, making him a free agent. Just saw it on NFL Network.

Interesting. Thoughts?

2. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    My roommate was the first person to tell me this. Hes a huge clemson fan as well.

You guys really keep track of your own don't you?

3. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    If we had interest in him I would suspect it would be as a coverage ILB. He has decent size at 6'1 240pds but with the money he is probably going to want I don't see us signing him. I'd rather draft Jason Williams in the 3rd for the same thing and about a tenth of the money Hill wants.

4. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Having to pay a lot for a LB whose production has dropped, gotten arrested in his contract year, and uses MJ? Not to mention the team will be paying Curry a lot? Doesn't sound that bad. Sure Hill's a good LB but the price Seattle will likely have to pay would be too much. His agent's not shy to have his clients hold out until a deal.

5. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Didn't realize that was already decided.

6. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    If you sign him to the long lucrative deal he wants, once the league puts a cap back on, you'll be in trouble in the future. Holding out on voluntary workouts didn't make the coaches and FO happy either. I think they planned to swallow the franchise salary but Curry changes everything.

Then there's being arrested while asleep at the wheel in possession of marijuana at possibly the most financially crucial period of his life. God forbid if he wasn't asleep because we could've had Donte Stallworth Part II.

7. Dolphinsfan69

Dolphinsfan69 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    We support our own, that's for sure. I don't see Miami looking at him but he's a good player and could see a number of teams looking at him (Patriots better stay far, far away).

8. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    wtf? pick this guy up immediately!

9. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Im down for picking this guy up, he could be an improvement. I think its worth the chance.