1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LB pick #2

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Puka-head, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    Lots of speculation on who gets our pick in round 1.
    I am hoping we get two good quality LBs out of this year, 1st and 4th rd or maybe 2nd and 5th. Who do you see for that second guy?

I'll start with this guy for our 4th rd pick:
    Oren Burks-Vanderbilt
    http://www.vucommodores.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/oren_burks_853217.html

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sp...mbine-draft-linebacker-versatility/393590002/

Burks (6-foot-3, 233 pounds, 33 3/8-inch arms)
    40 time: 4.59 seconds
    Vertical jump: 39.5 inches
    Broad jump: 10 feet, 11 inches
    20-yard shuttle: 4.15 seconds
    Three-cone drill: 6.82 seconds
    Bench press: 18 reps

The biggest knock against Burks has been that he played three different positions with the Commodores, starting at safety, in a hybrid safety/linebacker role and at inside linebacker in each of the last three seasons, never having the opportunity to master a single position.
    Burks says this about that:
    “Anywhere on the field that teams need me, I’ll find a way to make plays for you,” Burks said. “So I think that’s been what I’ve been pitching to a lot of teams, being a three-down linebacker, and that’s definitely going to help and add value to a team. …

“The game is moving towards a lot faster linebackers because you have to have the responsibility to cover tight ends and running backs and things like that, so that’s something I feel comfortable with and I think I’ll help out.”

Surfs Up 99 likes this.
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I have our 2nd pick of this draft saved for Griffin..