1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Larry Johnson

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NJFINSFAN1, Sep 14, 2011.

1. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I know a lot of people thought it was crazy that we signed Larry Johnson last week therefore having to pay his whole salary, the front office was being killed by some.

Well, maybe they knew what they were doing?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/14/will-allen-returns-to-dolphins/

MikeHoncho likes this.
  2. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Yeah, I caught that in that article too. I had no idea that was the case. So in that light it makes it a solid move. My only question is, why didn't they get him on the field on Monday? Not famliar enough with the playbook? I don't know.

NJFINSFAN1 likes this.
  3. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Something similar may have been involved in the Allen cut.Money considerations.

4. Tin Indian

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    That's what I'm thinking. Allens cut was purely money driven by the contract guarantee. My thought anyway.

5. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    Nolan's having a rough time of late. He picks Sapp over Allen, at a higher cost, his D get BLOWN TO BITS by the Brady Bunch, and then, we have to pay Sapp his entire salary as well as W Allen.

6. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    I'm thinking that going inside vs two All Pro DTs, with a rookie C, is not really what you want to do in short yardage, no matter who the RB.

7. Tin Indian

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Gotta run sometime and Johnson should be the guy to do it, but again who knows.

8. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I never saw him in the game, or even on the sidelines for that matter, but according to nfl.com he played at least one play. Maybe the end of half kneel down? :)

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/55178/MIA_Gamebook.pdf

9. Finfangirl

Finfangirl Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Bay Area, Ca
    Not 100% positive, but i believe he picked up the first down on the 4th and 1 midway thru the 2nd qrt, but the annoucers called him Lousake Polite.

EDIT: strike that, i guess it was lex hilliard (#23?), and it was in the 1st qrt, but the announcers still called him Polite.

MikeHoncho and NJFINSFAN1 like this.
  10. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Johnson has done absolutely nothing in the NFL for the last three years. Why anyone would think that he has somehow found the fountain of youth and will once again be the runner he was five years ago, I have no idea. With run blocking being a weakness of the Dolphins offense line. Johnson will be lucky to average 2 yards a carry.

11. KingofMiami

KingofMiami FINS ARE KING

Jan 29, 2010
    miami fl
    two yards a carry at the goal line.

12. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    I hope LJ can run between the tackles because until Thomas comes back, and Thomas can prove he can run it up the gut we don't have anybody. We can't run everything to the outside and expect to be successful.