1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laptop AC Port Replacement?

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by sking29, Sep 24, 2009.

1. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Basically as the thread title says I am trying to figure out how to replace an ac port on a laptop (Dell Inspiron 9300). Also I suppose I am calling it the right thing as I am talking about the port where you plug in your ac adapter to charge your battery (so ac port is my best bet of what to call it). Anyway I heard that port replicators/docking stations can act as an ac adapter/possibly charge your battery...so this is one way to get out of somehow finding an ac port which I would need to open up the computer to replace. So basically I am asking any techies that can help if they know where people can get replacement ac ports (for Dell Inspiron 9300) or if docking stations/port replicators will work and are affordable. Any help would be great because otherwise my laptop is in good shape and I'd hate to scrap it because of this. :up:

2. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I can't help answer this but I have the same issue. the laptop won't charge anymore and it isn't the power cord. something's up with the port.

i've been getting closer and closer to just buying a new computer though..