1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Landry next

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    I truncated this article for brevity:

Sometime soon — perhaps before the draft, perhaps after it — the Dolphins will turn their attention to Jarvis Landry.

He is, in Adam Gase’s words from November, the Dolphins’ “best player on offense.”

First it was Reshad Jones. Then Tuesday, Kiko Alonso. Both received new deals rich in guaranteed money a year before their existing contracts expired.

Landry is the only star left unpaid. He hasn’t made waves about it publicly, or, from all accounts, privately. He’s enthusiastically congratulated teammates like Kenny Stills who get new deals on social media.

“I hate free agency,” Gase said at this year’s NFL Scouting Combine. “You just want to get your guys back.” He got his wish.

They had some $50 million in cap space, and could have used it to make wholesale roster changes. They instead doubled down on their own.

In the process, they locked up all but two of their top 2018 free agents: Landry and right tackle Ja’Wuan James, whose rights the Dolphins can extend another year by picking up his fifth-year option. (If they do so and extend Landry, the Dolphins should still have north of $30 million in cap space next year.)

eltos_lightfoot and danmarino like this.
  2. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    death case scenario, they have him for year 5 and then can franchise him.
    But a happy Landry vs a hold out Landry is preferred

3. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Good, lock him up.

4. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Something I thought was really critical was that they have almost all of their FA's under contract for next year except James and Landry. NO wondering if we sign that guy or this guy is going to walk. Really gives some stability to the team.

5. dirtylandry

Aug 2, 2015
    Im not losing sleep on re signing the team's best player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    I'm losing sleep on not resigning him, Stills and Alonso could have been let go for all I care, Landry is one of the chambers of this teams heart, durable, hard working, highly productive home grown talent.

7. dirtylandry

Aug 2, 2015
    You mis understood. They will get a deal done, he is our best player and we won't lose him

8. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    I understood, I just don't have your faith in the FO, it should have been done first.

It's been too quiet on the Landry front, are they even trying to resign him? If they were we would most likely have heard of it due to his high profile, there would be leaks.

I don't trust Tbomb, he tosses meat and potatoes aside to dine on icing.

9. dirtylandry

Aug 2, 2015
    There is no way the guys we re signed are more valuable than Landry. Take comfort in how much Gase will influence this. Let's not forget Parker is not a #1, yet and Carroo is a bust so far. So it is Stills and Landry for now