1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LaGarret Blount Released

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Tin Indian, Nov 18, 2014.

1. LI phinfan

LI phinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 6, 2013
    I thought we could use him too, just did not see anything fishy about it. GM and HC 's call.

2. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    The deal with NE is for the minimum plus some incentives.

It's a good fit because he was already there and had success there. He obviously fit into that locker room well and had no issues with the coaching staff. Even if Miami had called I'm not sure we could have lured him away from NE.

3. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    You are right more than likely...I just do not trust New England and I hate them..lol... :)

4. Fin4Ever

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Wow..why did we not pick this dude up

5. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    So he got mad at a team that didnt give him snaps and was cut and is going to a team that will likely not give him snaps either. Smart

6. LITP

LITP Active Member

Sep 2, 2014
    I think Blount can get in on the rotation at HB - Jonas Gray is not exactly a proven commodity despite his big game vs the woeful Colts run D - and Vereen doesn't run much between the tackles other than the odd shotgun draw play.

If we have another game where we can run it up the gut with success we probably don't want to be relying on the same guy to carry 38 times - and no-one else on the roster is really capable of doing this job.

7. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Well at this point NE has seen their RBs drop like flies so they need to be mindful of depth. And I'm not just talking about during the season with injuries either. They had Blount before but then he leaves in free agency. Now they have him back on a multi-year deal.

Team has cycled through Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen, Branden Bolden, James White, LeGarrette Blount, Leon Washington and Jonas Gray over the last two seasons. It's a revolving door. They need to keep feeding the position. Gray could re-tear his ACL next week for all they know.

8. TooGoodForDez

TooGoodForDez Deion Sanders for GM

Feb 26, 2013
    They are blocking well down hill, they need a physical runner. We do less running overall and good percentage is outside runs. I hope our Oline takes ownership of offense. They need to start beasting.

9. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Well, I called that one... At least I can pick him up in fantasy. Sucks, would of been nice to get a redzone/change of pace running back.

10. Fin4Ever

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Yes, I guess it would be nice for us to get Lynch but there is really no way that we can do it unless they cut him and he tells every team not to pick him up on waivers cause only team he will play for would be Miami...would'nt that be nice ? LoL

11. Fin4Ever

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    O.k. then....maybe we can get Lynch this way...Seattle cuts him and he refuses all offers until he sees our interest in him and he picks us . :)