LaGarret Blount Released

89 replies

Tin IndianTin IndianForum VeteranOP
Nov 18, 2014, 01:58 PM

Baggage central but we sure could use a bruising back. I say pick him up for the stretch run and cut him loose after the season. Too much trouble long term but for the short run.......

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Nov 18, 2014, 02:01 PM

At the very least to save Miller some hits

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Nov 18, 2014, 02:02 PM

belicek might grab him...wait don't they have Orleans Darkwa as well?

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Nov 18, 2014, 02:03 PM

I don't particularly want him, but that being said I'd gladly replace Daniel Thomas with him. But that cat has 9 lives, and blount has some baggage, so its unlikely.


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Nov 18, 2014, 02:04 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

belicek might grab him...wait don't they have Orleans Darkwa as well?

I think the Giants snagged Darkwa from us.


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

DisgustipateDisgustipateSupporter
Nov 18, 2014, 02:06 PM

If Hickey will sign off on the behind the scenes issues, sure.

Stringer BellStringer BellSupporter
Nov 18, 2014, 02:14 PM

I think its tough to bring in a RB at this point in the season, but I think Blount is a decent player.

“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”

RoninFin4RoninFin4Supporter
Nov 18, 2014, 02:19 PM

If nothing else, make him a short-yardage/goal line back to help the redzone woes.

@KevinMD4

byroanbyroanAdministrator
Nov 18, 2014, 02:21 PM

As much as I want Daniel Thomas gone, I want nothing to do with a guy who leaves the sideline because he isn't getting carries.

Alex44Alex44New Member
Nov 18, 2014, 02:22 PM

Our backfield is built so oddly. If we sign Blount who is the odd man out? D-Thomas? Our pass protection specialist and decent pass catcher? Can we rely on Miller, a rookie and a guy who doesn't know the system?

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

Tin IndianTin IndianForum Veteran
Nov 18, 2014, 02:24 PM

He is a good hard runner. Tons of personality problems going back to college, but for 6 games and the postseason and us needing what he brings, in a heartbeat. I would not sign up for any more than that though.

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Nov 18, 2014, 02:36 PM

how bout we just make a late season mega splash and pry beastmode out of his bad situation, and then allow a beautiful combo of Miller/Lynch..

thats what I'm talking about.

byroanbyroanAdministrator
Nov 18, 2014, 02:38 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

how bout we just make a late season mega splash and pry beastmode out of his bad situation, and then allow a beautiful combo of Miller/Lynch..

thats what I'm talking about.

Trade deadline has passed

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Nov 18, 2014, 02:46 PM

Wow what a terrible idea.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Nov 18, 2014, 02:53 PM

"byroan wrote:

Trade deadline has passed

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

is that concrete, I know there are trades made after no?

RoninFin4RoninFin4Supporter
Nov 18, 2014, 02:58 PM

"Alex44 wrote:

Our backfield is built so oddly. If we sign Blount who is the odd man out? D-Thomas? Our pass protection specialist and decent pass catcher? Can we rely on Miller, a rookie and a guy who doesn't know the system?

Daniel Thomas and pass protection don't go well together. None of Miami's backs are good at it, but if you have to pick a best one, it's Lamar Miller when he gets his assignment right. Damien Williams has done more receiving than Thomas. Williams needs to be involved more, and I think LaMichael James would end up trumping both Williams and Thomas as a receiver if he can get on the field.

@KevinMD4

byroanbyroanAdministrator
Nov 18, 2014, 03:12 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

is that concrete, I know there are trades made after no?

No, there are no trades made after the deadline.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Nov 18, 2014, 03:16 PM

"byroan wrote:

No, there are no trades made after the deadline.

under no circumstances?

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Nov 18, 2014, 03:18 PM

"RoninFin4 wrote:

Daniel Thomas and pass protection don't go well together. None of Miami's backs are good at it, but if you have to pick a best one, it's Lamar Miller when he gets his assignment right. Damien Williams has done more receiving than Thomas. Williams needs to be involved more, and I think LaMichael James would end up trumping both Williams and Thomas as a receiver if he can get on the field.

I don't know about that Ro, D-Will has shown some serious pass catching prowess, before the bills game I was touting him as having really natural hands, and having the ability to make a move as soon as he secured the pass, then he pulled off that explosive one handed grab.

Tin IndianTin IndianForum Veteran
Nov 18, 2014, 03:19 PM

Pretty much why they call it a "deadline".

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.

Alex44Alex44New Member
Nov 18, 2014, 03:30 PM

"RoninFin4 wrote:

Daniel Thomas and pass protection don't go well together. None of Miami's backs are good at it, but if you have to pick a best one, it's Lamar Miller when he gets his assignment right. Damien Williams has done more receiving than Thomas. Williams needs to be involved more, and I think LaMichael James would end up trumping both Williams and Thomas as a receiver if he can get on the field.

Daniel Thomas in my opinion is better in pass protection if for no other reason than what you said....he understands his assignments where Miller doesn't. If its third and long I'd prefer DT in the game over Miller.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

GalantGalantForum Veteran
Nov 18, 2014, 03:34 PM

In the NFL, unlike the NBA, trades can be made after the deadline. In fact, they can be made at any time. However, IIRC, there are restrictions involved. I believe players traded after the deadline are not eligible for postseason play. I think there are also certain rules about them having to be around for a certain amount of time after.

EDIT: Doing some reading on this and the 'trades' that can be made after the deadline are waivers. So Seahawks would have to release him to waivers and then he could be 'traded' to whichever team wants to pick up him according to normal waivers rules.


"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)

xphinfanxxphinfanxForum Veteran
Nov 18, 2014, 03:40 PM

Maybe you have to put in a claim atm.

That's why they play the games!:yes:

jldolfanjldolfanSupporter
Nov 18, 2014, 04:01 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

is that concrete, I know there are trades made after no?

That's baseball.

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
Nov 18, 2014, 06:19 PM

I doubt he makes it to us in waivers anyway. But to DJ's point, let's put some faith in D Williams. Blount will be a backup and discontent here too.

testing