1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ladies and Gentlemen: Your 1ST PLACE Miami Dolphins!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Muck, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Just thought I'd remind everyone that following today's games, our Miami Dolphins are in sole possession of first place in the AFC East.

....already two games up on the Bills. :lol:

But we'll be tested plenty these next two weeks. With the Jets riding high after thumping the Pats this afternoon, it should be the usual classic slugfest Sunday night.

And then we get New England at home on Monday night. We always play them tough. And they'll be looking to re-stake their claim to the division.

But boy does it feel good to be in first place!

Kudos to the players, coaches, front office and support staff for turning the tide on our annual September swoon. :knucks:

2. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    It feels GOOD to be 2-0 and in first place. We've been so bad in September for a long time and we needed to come out strong. The defense has been unbelievable. The offense hasn't been on fire but Henne played a good game and made some beautiful throws. Ronnie, despite the fumble, played well against a really good run defense. Also, Jake Long owned Jared Allen. Everything is going great and we need to keep it up next week in the home opener.

Crappy Tipper likes this.
  3. Muck

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    We're 2-0, and we did it on the road! One divisional in a place we haven't won since 2004. And the other in a place where they hadn't lost since 2008! Hell, we hadn't won up there since 1979!

No matter what issues we still see, I think it's encouraging that we saw improvement from last week to this week. We didn't see regression anywhere.

Look at all the guys we have on IR. We were down three starters in the front seven today and I can't imagine we had much dropoff. That's depth.

I told my brother midway thru the 4th quarter that, no matter what happens, we'll have played our asses off. And that's all you can really ask. They played a physical, disciplined game and left it all out there these last two weeks.

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    After 1/8th of the schedule..:D

Seriously though, I hope phinfans appreciate the fact we have not been 2-0 in 8 seasons..2003..was the last time we were 2-0.

enjoy it!

But no SB talk please..unlike some teams...:up:

5. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Feels darn good alright. Been a very long time.

6. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Nope, even longer. 2002 when we started with wins over the Lions and Colts and then beat the Jets week 3 at home to go to 3-0. Hopefully history repeats itself.

In 2003 we lost the opener to the Texans.

7. ascii

ascii People Watcher

Nov 27, 2007
    Etters, Pa
    2-0 on 2 road wins in September....who IS this team?

8. Muck

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    This ain't your father's Dolphins. ;)

Actually, smothering defense, heavy run game, big, physical big play WR.....this IS your father's Dolphins. :lol:

Fin D and phinnhedd like this.
  9. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Exactly. :up:

10. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    The great thing is I think we're still off to a slow start, at least offensively and we still have 2 wins to show for it. When / if the offense gets going, look out.

11. The Rev

The Rev Totus Tuus Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box Club Member

Trying to take it one game at a time but boy does this feel great!

How great would it be next week with all the talk about the Jets this an the Jets that, if we could win at home.

I like the fact that everyone thinks that Favre lost the game because he has no receivers.

Keep disrespecting us. Make the Jets the favorite coming into next week's game.

We'll show'em.

Phinatic425 and HolliFinFan like this.
  12. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I see us entering the bye at 3-1.

13. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    I don't see why we can't be 4-0 if the defense plays the way it's been playing. We have 2 home games in hopefully humid weather. The offense just has to finally step up. Hopefully playing at home will spark this offense.