1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kobe Bryant dead in helicopter crash

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Paul 13, Jan 26, 2020.

1. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    Still doesn’t feel real.
    Tomorrow nights going be so emotional.

2. BevoPhin

BevoPhin Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2013
    You’ve just enlightened all of us. Shut down the thread, and ban the word Kobe. No one mourn him now. Is this what you’re expecting to happen from the BS you’re spewing? If not, then what?

I don’t think you’re trying to spread awareness about rape. And if you are, you’re a crap activist. I think you’re just being a Karen.

Cashvillesent likes this.
  3. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    People who are mentally unstable are not unrapeable. He raped her. So what if she was “unstable”. Plenty of Americans have mental health problems. They can still get raped. He apologized for non consensual sex. Read his apology.

Kobe is a rapist and his death is still tragic. I feel terribly for his family. And also the Colorado woman he raped.

4. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    See, those were straw man arguments. And insults. Go away child, I'm done with you.

5. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    She decided to stay late because, and in her own words, she wanted to meet Kobe and make up the missed hours she overslept.

Yes, there was rough sex. Rough sex does not equal rape.

Yes, he bruised her SHOULDER...not neck...he's a big dude. I've had bruises on myself after sex...from a woman...I wasn't raped.

Yes, the rough sex may have led to some small tears...or those tears could have been from the other guy(s) whose semen they found in her panties. Even so...tears happen when sex is rough. I've had blood on my sheets after sex before...I've never raped anyone.

I think at some point she decided that she didn't want to keep going and they stopped. Case closed.

Her close friends at work claimed she was fine and normal during the rest of her shift. I don't care that she lied about car trouble. That really has no bearing on this case. Her mental instability, however, is a big part. Yes, mentally ill people can be raped.

Kobe initially lied about it because he was a married man. He then provided any and all evidence requested by the police before he even spoke to a lawyer. He didn't try to lawyer up.

Her close friends claimed that she attempted suicide twice in the recent past.

6. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    I read the apology and I've read all the police reports. I remember exactly where I was at when I heard about this and was terribly angry because I had always liked Kobe. After sifting through the available evidence it was clear to me...and evidently to her because she refused to testify and essentially dropped the case...that Kobe was guilty of infidelity, but not rape.

7. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    The bruising i am referring to was along her jawline. She had other bruises too. Her friend at work, the one that knew her from high school, (she was 19) the one that talked to her that night, said that she told him that Kobe Bryant forced her to have sex, and that she was visibly upset. A different coworker, the night auditor, said they saw her leave and she seemed fine. The nurse that treated her said that the trauma she saw was consistent with rape, not consensual sex. There is a reason that they were going to prosecute a beloved, famous, and rich superstar.

Attempting suicide in the past is not an an indication of a propensity to make fake allegations. And your argument was that Kobe officially and public stated that he now believed that she didn't do anything that she thought was consent, because of concern for her mental state.

I think that Kobe thought that her flirting was consent, she didn't, so it wasn't. I think I am moving on from this now. If someone has truly examined the facts and still thinks that she's a liar (which even Kobe didn't) then there isn't much left to say.

8. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    hahahahahahahahahhhaahhaha

Cashvillesent likes this.
  9. AGuyNamedAlex

AGuyNamedAlex Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    It's still pretty crazy that this happened. I forget about it sometimes.

danmarino and vmarcilfan75 like this.
  10. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    1 for 2
    not sure why he didnt mention Dodgers, Rams or Chargers. :smile:

11. AGuyNamedAlex

AGuyNamedAlex Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Maybe he doesn't like baseball and thinks those teams have no chance...lol

vmarcilfan75 likes this.