Kobe Bryant dead in helicopter crash
90 replies
Terrible. I met Kobe on a few occasions...He was always extremely nice and went out of his way for fans.
I know some will bring up his past...but please, believe me, he has never physically harmed anyone, he's not perfect, but he was a very good guy.
Just read about the terrible weather conditions they were experiencing.. even LAPD werent flying their copters today because of it, they reportedly said the conditions didnt meet even their minimum standards for flight.
so the flight carrying all the passengers made six circles around a zoo, the pilot was trying to figure out how hes going to fly this with no view and was being guided by air traffic the whole time..
Kobe took a huge gamble, he may have been too anxious to get to where he wanted to be. But that is life Unfortunately it didnt end well for them.
"Vertical Limit wrote:
Just read about the terrible weather conditions they were experiencing.. even LAPD werent flying their copters today because of it, they reportedly said the conditions didnt meet even their minimum standards for flight.
so the flight carrying all the passengers made six circles around a zoo, the pilot was trying to figure out how hes going to fly this with no view and was being guided by air traffic the whole time..
Kobe took a huge gamble, he may have been too anxious to get to where he wanted to be. But that is life Unfortunately it didnt end well for them.
One of his former teammate said that Kobe use to always travel with a copter. LA traffic was and still is still horrible. Guy never wanted to be late for anything and would do what ever he could to get there and be there the the 1st. Im pretty sure he didnt wanna have his daughter miss her game. This is sad, I feel numb.
It's his daughter who has really got me torn up, she never got a chance to start her legacy.
I woke up today and had to see the news to believe it again. I feel awfully sad for his family. I hope there are people protecting his family because if something like this close to my family happened, i dont know what id do.
This is going to sting for a long time. Not seeing Kobe gray and old joking and reminiscing with his fellow brothers about the game is going to hurt.
One thing I'm learning in life is to always trust your gut. Our natural tendency is to follow the herd. I'm sure Kobe and all the people that boarded that helicopter saw the fog and had a bad feeling about getting onboard, yet they made the decision to get onboard.
Terrible tragedy, one that could have been avoided if just one person really listened to their gut and convinced the others to just drive.
"danmarino wrote:
Terrible. I met Kobe on a few occasions...He was always extremely nice and went out of his way for fans.
I know some will bring up his past...but please, believe me, he has never physically harmed anyone, he's not perfect, but he was a very good guy.
You shouldn't state things as facts.
Yes people who may or may not have raped someone aren't perfect.
#believesurvivors

I’ve never liked Kobe. In fact I’ve always disliked him. I know most of that is me believing what I want to believe in what I’ve heard/read. I don’t know the whole truth about him.
But what I do know (or think I know) is that he was a great father. Having a 3yr old daughter who I’m so very close to, this story really hits home. I feel so horrible knowing his other daughters lost their hero.
"There is nothing to fear, except everyone trying to tackle me." - Ted Ginn Jr.
"Mcduffie81 wrote:
I’ve never liked Kobe. In fact I’ve always disliked him. I know most of that is me believing what I want to believe in what I’ve heard/read. I don’t know the whole truth about him.
But what I do know (or think I know) is that he was a great father. Having a 3yr old daughter who I’m so very close to, this story really hits home. I feel so horrible knowing his other daughters lost their hero.
Yes, it's the children who suffer the most.

"Vertical Limit wrote:
Just read about the terrible weather conditions they were experiencing.. even LAPD werent flying their copters today because of it, they reportedly said the conditions didnt meet even their minimum standards for flight.
so the flight carrying all the passengers made six circles around a zoo, the pilot was trying to figure out how hes going to fly this with no view and was being guided by air traffic the whole time..
Kobe took a huge gamble, he may have been too anxious to get to where he wanted to be. But that is life Unfortunately it didnt end well for them.
I just left the Orange County area yesterday morning, in fact I heard the news while at the airport.
It was extremely foggy there the past 3 mornings and much worse in the “hills area”.
The fact he and that little girl and the other passengers lost their life should be the focal point. Not some poor attempt to morally grandstand without evidence.
It’s a tragedy.
"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"
"Fin-O wrote:
I just left the Orange County area yesterday morning, in fact I heard the news while at the airport.
It was extremely foggy there the past 3 mornings and much worse in the “hills area”.
The fact he and that little girl and the other passengers lost their life should be the focal point. Not some poor attempt to morally grandstand without evidence.
It’s a tragedy.
I see no one doing that.

"Den54 wrote:
You shouldn't state things as facts.
Yes people who may or may not have raped someone aren't perfect.
#believesurvivors
I can state whatever I want.
The women who accused him was/is mentally unstable. He committed adultery. He didn't rape anyone.
"danmarino wrote:
I can state whatever I want.
The women who accused him was/is mentally unstable. He committed adultery. He didn't rape anyone.
As can I.
#believesurvivors

"Den54 wrote:
As can I.
#believesurvivors
I never tried to tell you otherwise, as you tried to tell me.
#stoptrolling
"danmarino wrote:
I never tried to tell you otherwise, as you tried to tell me.
#stoptrolling
Sure you did.
"but please, believe me, he has never physically harmed anyone.
I take sexual assault seriously, maybe you should too.
#believesurvivors

In light of the foggy conditions, pilot should have landed at Burbank and had them take a vehicle to the practice (which was about 30 minutes away by vehicle). The helicopter was due to land at Camarillo airport which is about 15 minutes passed Mamba Sports by vehicle. So the decision to fly the chopper instead of drive from Burbank saves them roughly 15 to 30 minutes. Terribly tragic. Was it ultimately the pilot's decision to fly on rather than Kobe's? Well, we'll probably never know. Bottom line is that this accident was avoidable using common sense and now a living legend is no more.
Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!
"Den54 wrote:
Sure you did.
"but please, believe me, he has never physically harmed anyone.
I take sexual assault seriously, maybe you should too.
#believesurvivors
Dude...just stop trolling. You're not good at it.
just curious whats your point for being in this thread? shaming us fans? haven't seen a post paying respect to ANY of the lives lost
"vmarcilfan75 wrote:
just curious whats your point for being in this thread? shaming us fans? haven't seen a post paying respect to ANY of the lives lost
Don't know if you are referring to me but if so, the same as everyone else. I have an opinion and this isn't a "Pay your respect" thread.

"Den54 wrote:
Sure you did.
"but please, believe me, he has never physically harmed anyone.
I take sexual assault seriously, maybe you should too.
#believesurvivors
I think you can take sexual assault very seriously without assuming every accusation is true.
I don’t know the truth, you don’t know the truth. Only 2 people in the world do. We can come to conclusions based on evidence and not based on accusation and find middle ground.
"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"
"Fin-O wrote:
I think you can take sexual assault very seriously without assuming every accusation is true.
I don’t know the truth, you don’t know the truth. Only 2 people in the world do. We can come to conclusions based on evidence and not based on accusation and find middle ground.
The evidence pretty clearly shows his accuser as mentally unstable and a liar. The facts show that there wasn't even a trial. Just an accusation. I know you know this...
"Fin-O wrote:
I think you can take sexual assault very seriously without assuming every accusation is true.
I don’t know the truth, you don’t know the truth. Only 2 people in the world do. We can come to conclusions based on evidence and not based on accusation and find middle ground.
Of coarse we can. I just take issue with people to the contrary.

"MrClean wrote:
Helicopters are generally safer in crashes than airplanes. My late friend, who was from Azusa CA, crashed 3 times in Viet Nam, and walked away from all three. It did play hell with his back, as he had issues with it for the rest of his life. I guess it all depends on the particular circumstances.
Very sad about Kobe though. He was probably one of the top 5 players of all time. Though that is subjective to say. How does one measure greatness? We would all probably agree Jordan and Lebron are, and IMO, Abdul-Jabbar and Bill Russell would be too. So who else is more deserving of being considered in the all-time top 5?
Not trying to come off topic here, but LeBron will never surpass Jordan as the greatest no matter what he does.
LeBron stint will always be vs Mavericks in 2011 where he choked the whole Finals terribly. Jordan has never had a bad finals. This is how close this two are.
LeBrons my favorite player but theres no way his better than Jordan. FCA
Guys, an NBA legend and 8 others lost their life yesterday, including several children. In the spirit of the original post, could we not make this about the tragedy this was? It's pretty lousy some would see this as an opportunity to talk trash and argue...if anything, it should point out that life is too darn short for that type of nonsense.
Seriously, go kiss your spouse or significant other. Hug your kids and maybe play a game with them. Life is too short to hold grudges and get all wrapped up in drama.
So if I've offended any of you in the past, I sincerely apologize...let's move past it and enjoy each other's company while we're here (ironically, arguing about our beloved Dolphins). But even more important, let's encourage each other to get off internet forums more often and do the stuff that REALLY MATTERS in life, loving those close to us and creating awesome memories to cement our own legacies.
That's the true moral of this tragedy...stop taking time for granted and make the most out of today.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
This now guarantees the Niners and Lakers win championships