Koa Misi on pace to break the record for most sacks by a rookie for the Dolphins

20 replies

Finatic8480Finatic8480New MemberOP
Oct 19, 2010, 05:05 PM

Dolphins rookie OLB Koa Misi could be on pace of breaking the Dolphins record of sacks by a rookie held by Bill Stanfill & Vern Den Herder. He is only six sacks away from breaking the record and five from tying it. The kid is having a real good rookie year and has a sick bull rush. Hope he breaks it

Follow me at www.twitter.com/robi2184, always updating Dolfans with the latest Miami Dolphins news.

Zach Thomas: I played against New England twice a year every year my whole career. I learned to not like that team. I wasn't going to join them.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Oct 19, 2010, 05:06 PM

Shhhhhh... :shifty:

I just hope he breaks some QBs first.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Oct 19, 2010, 05:07 PM

I wouldn't say only 6 sacks. Won't be easy.

The Aqua CrushThe Aqua CrushNew Member
Oct 19, 2010, 05:14 PM

THe more teams add protection to focus on slowing Wake down should give him the opporutnity he will need to get 6 more sacks.

Def. won't be easy but possible. He's had a great start.

PHPhinatic425New Member
Oct 19, 2010, 05:26 PM

How many sacks does he have?

It's Sunday Morning, Where the Phins at?

The Aqua CrushThe Aqua CrushNew Member
Oct 19, 2010, 05:27 PM

"Phinatic425 wrote:

How many sacks does he have?

I believe 3. Confirmed.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=SACKS&conference=null&season=2010&seasonType=REG

And one Fumble recovery and one TD, but I'm sure we all knew about that. It's awesome, so just sayin'

Coral ReeferCoral ReeferNew Member
Oct 19, 2010, 05:34 PM

Hardly a gimme.
Most rookies wear down quite a bit too as the year goes on.
Will help keep him fresh once Francis gets back and they hopefully rotate.

He's playing above the level most rookies do.
All you can ask.

RIP Jetssuck

sloppyjoersloppyjoerNew Member
Oct 19, 2010, 07:54 PM

Might sound like a tall order NOW, but we have some real squishy teams towards the end of the season. It could realistically happen. Happy with his play thus far.

ClipseClipseNew Member
Oct 19, 2010, 08:26 PM

"BlameItOnTheHenne wrote:

I wouldn't say only 6 sacks. Won't be easy.

Well we do play the Bears. And the Bills.

Tin IndianTin IndianForum Veteran
Oct 19, 2010, 08:30 PM

Don't tell that yahoo Omar at the Sun-Sentinel who was so un-impressed with him in camp he wouldn't even mention his name.

Great Eye Omar!

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.

Oct 19, 2010, 09:20 PM

Misi has been playing well.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

RalphX19XRalphX19XNew Member
Oct 19, 2010, 09:23 PM

The scary part is that they've all been hussle sacks. Once he gets more experience and adds some moves to his pass rushing tool box he can be very good.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Oct 19, 2010, 09:57 PM

"Tin Indian wrote:

Don't tell that yahoo Omar at the Sun-Sentinel who was so un-impressed with him in camp he wouldn't even mention his name.

Great Eye Omar!

Well, to be fair, OmarK was easier on "he who will not be named' than he was on Cam Wake.

He just wouldn't say Misi's name, he thought Wake was going to be waived before the season started:

ALalen1New Member
Oct 19, 2010, 10:00 PM

"R&R Express wrote:

Well we do play the Bears. And the Bills.

True but there's the rookie wall, which always seems to come.

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Oct 19, 2010, 10:05 PM

"Slowmotion wrote:

Go Misi. If he gets double digits I'll lose it. Btw, Lombardi predicted he'd be DROY. Who're in the runnings so far?

Earl Thomas

ALalen1New Member
Oct 19, 2010, 10:07 PM

"BlameItOnTheHenne wrote:

Earl Thomas

He's going to be a very good cover safety in this league.

fragsfragsNew Member
Oct 19, 2010, 10:08 PM

"sloppyjoer wrote:

Might sound like a tall order NOW, but we have some real squishy teams towards the end of the season. It could realistically happen. Happy with his play thus far.

I concur. Squishy teams, as you put it, such as Detroit may give him the opportunity to have outings like Wake did on Sunday. Everything changes if you have a 2-3 sack game. I know I sound like Madden...just saying it will be tough, but someone's point about the attention Wake is/will receive is excellent and helpful to Misi as he pushes for the record. Nice to see a return on our 2R investment for a change (Ex: Pat White). All we can ask for :up:

mrozmrozSupporter
Oct 19, 2010, 10:36 PM

"Finatic8480 wrote:

Dolphins rookie OLB Koa Misi could be on pace of breaking the Dolphins record of sacks by a rookie held by Bill Stanfill & Vern Den Herder. He is only six sacks away from breaking the record and five from tying it. The kid is having a real good rookie year and has a sick bull rush. Hope he breaks it

six sacks for a rookie is a good season... he has 11 games to do that. Also, not sure about Vern but Bills 9 sacks came in a 14 game season. :up:

RIP CHP Officer Kirk Griess ID#15810
EOW 8/10/18

mrozmrozSupporter
Oct 19, 2010, 10:42 PM

"padre31 wrote:

Well, to be fair, OmarK was easier on "he who will not be named' than he was on Cam Wake.

He just wouldn't say Misi's name, he thought Wake was going to be waived before the season started:

Can a guy make a mistake.... or two... sheesh... :smackhead:

RIP CHP Officer Kirk Griess ID#15810
EOW 8/10/18

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Oct 19, 2010, 10:50 PM

"BlameItOnTheHenne wrote:

I wouldn't say only 6 sacks. Won't be easy.

lol Greatest gif yet.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

High DefinitionHigh DefinitionNew Member
Oct 19, 2010, 11:35 PM

He has a realistic shot to get it all in one swipe against the Bears. :lol:

On a serious note I've been very happy with Misi's play thus far and I'm really excited about how good he can become in the future. We bash the FO when they select the dislikes of Pat White and Patrick Turner, so it's only fair.... good job guys!

Kanye West wrote:

I treat the cash like the government treats AIDS - I won't be satisfied till all my people get it.... GET IT?