1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knowshon Moreno to visit Miami

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by the 23rd, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Phins_Fan_87

Phins_Fan_87 Phins and Heat fan Club Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Weston
    la canfora

2. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Blount almost assuredly goes to Pittsburgh. Please don't sign Moreno Miami. At age 50, Willis McGahee replaced him as a starter, and he was essentially interchangeable in Denver. Any time 3 RB's can decide to go in the game using a game of Rock/Paper/Scissors should indicate that there are really no stand out players in the group. Denver has made the decision, which I agree with, that they can replace all of Moreno's production with Montee Ball and probably a rookie back. Ball ran for 4.7 YPC on about half the carries as Moreno who ran for 4.3 YPC. I'm not saying you can confidently extrapolate those numbers upward. I'm just saying that Moreno's numbers weren't that exciting.

3. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    This clown shouldn't even count as a reliable source around here anymore

4. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I'm not sure he'd be signed to be the main back though. I think he makes Thomas expendable and is our passing down back.

5. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

If we cut Thomas and sign Moreno, I still don't think a back that SHOULD be the main back is on the roster. Whether we put that onus on one of our players is another story.

6. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    That's fair, but would you more ok with Moreno if he was just Thomas' replacement and the passing down back?

7. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    I'm betting that no matter who we sign there is competition at RB, with Miller retaining the #1 spot into TC. I'd like to sign Moreno and MJD on the cheap, and let it play out through the preseason... Miller should protest that he played behind a deficient OL.

8. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

No for the following reasons:

1. He's going to cost something.
    2. MJD is possibly going to cost at, near, or less than that same something and is IMO a better option.
    3. That something is probably less than worth it for a guy who is going to replace DT and catch passes.
    4. With Moreno here, I think we'll be reluctant to draft one of the good backs and willing to draft a pet pick.

Fin D likes this.
  9. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    What makes you say that? He made 3x what Moreno made last year.

10. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Just get a young, big back in the drafty.

11. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Not going to create another thread, but Schefter is reporting that the Dolphins have signed him to a One Year deal.

dolfan32323 likes this.
  12. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Does the fact that its a only a one year deal soften your concerns?

13. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Yes. I wonder if they're not pleased with this draft's backs and signed him for one year in anticipation of next year. Duke Johnson please.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk