1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kirwan's First Round Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ckparrothead, Feb 26, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
  2. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I always enjoyed Kirwan. Thanks, CK!

3. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Really? Jacksonville giving up on Garrard and drafting Staffor? What the hell? They need OL help desperately, no way they blow a pick on Stafford over a LT.
    Heyward-Bey to the Niners? What? He had a good combine, but not THAT good, and the niners are gonna focus on defense and the running game with Singletary. They arent gonna take a very raw WR thats mostly a deep threat first, especially since they dont even think their QB can throw the ball downfield.
    Harvin to the Vikings? Huh?
    Id question Derrius Butler ahead of Alphonso Smith and a few others, but I dont know much about him. And the last 3 picks of the first round are terrible as well imo.
    The Eagles are gonna pass Pettigrew twice? The Cards will blow by Beanie at 30?

A good number of his picks are great as well, but way to may odd things like these to make think this is a good one.

4. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    The trouble with the OL last year wasn't lack of talent, but lack of depth: something like 3 starters on their OL got hurt early on. Jacksonville needs depth the same way we do.

5. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    They need a LT. Not only was Khalif Barnes crap, he was cut. They need someone to give Garrard some time.

And DelRio is on the hot seat. I highly doubt he goes with a questionable rookie underclassman QB over a LT, a gamebreaker WR (if Crabs or Mack fall) or a defensive stud. Not gonna happen.

Lab3003 likes this.
  6. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    I love it, though I'm usually not too thrilled with Kirwan, but he has us taking English with our 1st pick. :D That's whom I've wanted for awhile now. Now, if he us getting Britt with the 2a, I'd really love it. ;) Also, I have a feeling that the Jets will take Sanchez if he's still there when they pick. I can't imagine that they feel comfortable with Clemens as the QB...well...maybe, it's the Jets :D

7. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    He has Britt going to the Eagles man, no dice on that one.

8. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Del Rio is committed to a running game. The 2007 Jaguars are what he wants, not the 2008 Jaguars.

9. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
  10. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Exactly, so why would he want to take Stafford? Pick makes no sense to me.
    He will build the OL and work on the defense. He hasnt replaced Stroud, and now has no real MLB that Peterson is gone. And they still need a gamebreaking WR, something to see should Crab or Mack fall. Anyone but stafford really.

That pick and the Niners going with Bey are 2 of the strangest most illogical picks ive seen in any draft.

11. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Larry English would be a great pick for the Dolphins. I don't think you would have many people around here complaining. I like the rest of the draft as well. Very interesting however I wanna see the Mocks after Free Agency.

12. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Not sure why you say they are terrible, since all 3 are first round caliber players.

Many people thought there was some terrible mocks last year when Groves wasn't in rd 1, or when Flacco was. Pretty much every mock also had a WR go in rd1, but then that didn't happen at all at the actual draft.

13. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    If that's the only reason you think I like this mock draft then I don't think you actually read through his mock.

14. The Rev

The Rev Totus Tuus Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box Club Member

Off topic but how long is Michael Johnson's neck? :pity:

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  15. Lab3003

Lab3003 Golden era

Nov 23, 2007
    Bal Harbour, FL
    Miami absolutely needs pass-rush help to help out Joey Porter. If he's Lamarr Woodley 2.0, I'd be absolutely happy.

16. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    The players going to the teams they are picked for is what I dont like, not necessarily the players themselves. There are more than 32 "first round caliber" players in each draft. I dont know if these guys make the cut personally, and certainly not to the teams they were "picked" by.
    Ayers is about the most logical of the group, but dont think the titans go DE so early. The Cards passing on Wells at 31? Or OL? For a DT that many people have slipping into the late second? Dont see it. And Pitt taking a DE as well over CB or OL at that point? Again I dont see it.

Of course its possible this is right, but for the moment I dont see it happening, just my opinion of course.

17. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    LMAO thinking the same thing holy crap.

Back at the Mock at hand I have a hard time believing Chris Wells falling out of Round 1. Other than his injuries I just don't see it yes I can see it scaring the top 15 but his talent alone is worth a 1st rounder.

I don't understand why Heyward-Bey jumps so much he is reminding me of Troy Williamson more and more.

18. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Thank you Pat Kirwan. Any receiver that isn't named Harvin or Maclin at 17 will be just fine.

19. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007

Your crazy not to want either one of those two. They both could be Game Breakers.

20. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    So you'd be happy with us getting either at 25? :shifty:

21. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007

If we get Coles than we don't really need them, but if we don't I would be very happy to get either one of those guys. We don't have one guy on our team who can make a spetacular move and take it to the house. Both of those guys can do that for us while stretching the defense.

22. joeydolfan

joeydolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth
    Just looking at their College careers I doubt either would end up as a pick for us in the 1st. Maclin being a sophomore and Harvin with his injury history.

23. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I was kidding. I should have added a smiley for affect.

24. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    Thank god this is a mock because seeing the Pats pick Moreno makes me sad. Their offense is pretty potent as is but with Moreno, it would be sick, IMHO!

25. Frayser

Frayser Barstool Philosopher

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    No kidding. That scares me . . . a lot.

I'm not sure I see Pettigrew slipping out of the 1st. Did I miss something? The last thing I read about him was that scouts were saying he will be "the next great NFL TE." I would be fine with English at #25, but I think Mack is a strong possibility as well.

26. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    Dont understand why the jags would take Matthew Stafford when they have David Garrad signed to a big contract. I think the Jags trade down and take a wide reciver.

27. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    no Beanie in the 1st? Don't see that playing out

28. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    Yea there is going to be some one that will take him in the first round. I would not be suprised to see the Patriots take a running back in the first round and Beanie could be there.

29. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    That would make me ill.

30. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Still think that Sintim is just as much of an option as he ever was however he should be seriously considered at ILB which is actually a major need for us. I know English is right now the best available, but Sintim is just a terrific value because he could quite possibly be a OLB for us but more likely a ILB.

He has the perfect size, solid speed, movement, ability to stack-and-shed, blitz, cover well enough, is aggressive, has strength, has instincts, and can make big plays from the LILB position. He'd be a great compliment to Crowder who is the team's primary tackling ILB.

He'd fill a major need and I don't think he should be falling as he is in drafts. He won't be there at 44 and I wouldn't care if someone said we reached or some bull**** like that at 25.

As far as Joey Porter's replacement I guess we'll just have to wait a year and it's not like Sintim can't be that guy either.

31. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Everyone saw the 4.87, flipped out and dropped him out of the first round, lol. It was expected of him, he's not a guy to stretch the field. I still don't see him getting past Philadelphia or Atlanta.

32. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Or us. Did you know that Fasano, Martin, and Haynos will all be free agents next year? Once I realized that I suddenly included TE as a possibility in this year's draft.

33. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah. I have a hard time seeing him past Philadelphia though. I wouldn't count out the Patriots selecting him either.

34. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Depending on who is available at 11 I wouldnt count out the Bills even still. They have shown in the past they arent afraid to reach for a player of need that they like.
    Im sure they would love a passrushing DE, but with them still running a 4-3 Im not sure who they might go for. Orakpo figures to be gone, and Im not sure if Brown Maybin or English would work for them. Tyson Jackson maybe, or maybe Michael Johnson.
    Plus, they want Trent Edwards to succeed, so they will really need to get him some weaponry. Assuming they get Coles, TE would be the logical bet.

35. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah, Bills are an option. Forgot about them. Good call. I believe they let Royal go but I may be wrong there.

Tyson Jackson isn't a good fit at defensive end in a 4-3. I think he's a DT in a 4-3.

36. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Exactly. This year seems to be big on 3-4 personell. Or maybe its just how we view them all with the shift the league is undergoing.
    Either way, the Bills are a good fit. Pettigrews time is concerning, that was pretty slow, but hes also a very good blocker which will help their crappy OL and running game, and give Edwards a big target over the middle.

37. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    It was expected.

38. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin Active Member

I don't see the Lions passing on Mathew Stafford.
    Their QB's are D Culpepper, Drew Hanson, and Drew Stanton.

39. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Im tending to agree. Lots of people are going gaga over Curry after the combine, but I dont feel its a good move for them. They need that QB. Im gonna wait to see what Staffords proday is like, but he has been working hard in the offseason on his accuracy. Other than that, the guy is a protypical QB. Huge arm, decent mobility, pro system offense-accuracy was the big check missing from his resume aside from being an underclassman. I think they take him and get some OL help. Let him sit the year before bringing him in.

I know many will disagree here, but Curry just doesnt bring the value. If Stafford is a franchise QB, you take him.