1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Killzone 3 to be in 3D

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by Stitches, May 21, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Yea, what the title says.

Apparently Killzone 2 is getting an update later this year for 3-D as well (obviously the PS3 is too).

At first I thought this was awesome, but then I have a few (perhaps personal) issues with 3D (specifically games and regular TV).
    1. I wear glasses and really need to get contacts in order to take advantage (unless I can modify the glasses somehow).
    2. It is my understanding that watching 3D with shutter glasses really fatigues your eyes, so it's really not conducive to watching TV or playing for long periods of time.
    3. I need a new AVR in order to pull the Audio out from a signal that has 3d video over HDMI. So I personally would take the 7.1 sound that K2 had over 3D. This issue could be somewhat resolved if Sony manages to allow bitstreaming over optical while video over HDMI at the same time (could run optical to AVR and video straight to the TV). Otherwise they need to make a PS3 with dual HDMI outs, to which I would probably be lining up to buy.

Edit: Apparently firmware 3.30 addressed my 3rd issue which allows for simultaneous audio output to optical and HDMI. Woot! No way was I buying a new AVR yet. :lol:

Ok well sorry for the rambling. I'm sure this will be a big story at E3, and I really hope it turns out well even if I have my own reservations.

2. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    More updates:

3. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1092064p1.html