Keyshawn Johnson weighs in on Ted Ginn Jr.

54 replies

ATVZ400ATVZ400New MemberOP
Jan 11, 2010, 01:54 PM

Keyshawn Johnson weighs in on Ted Ginn Jr.
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2010/01/miami-dolphins-keyshawn-johnson-weighs-in-on-ted-ginn-jr.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sports%2FMiamiDolphinsweblog+%28Miami+Dolphins+|+Sun-Sentinel+Blogs%29

I think he’s OK," Johnson said. "He was drafted a little higher than what his performance warranted in college. I felt they reached a little bit for him but it’s not his fault. You can’t punish him for that. He’s a guy that at the right price makes sense."

So, is there still time for Ginn to salvage his Miami career?

"He has to play with a little bit of swagger," Johnson said. "He has to play with that confidence and a little bit of that swagger we’re talking about. The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times.

PhiNominaPhiNominaForum Veteran
Jan 11, 2010, 02:07 PM

If you search for his highlight tape on Youtube, the thing you notice in those Jets and Bills games he played last year was that he was playing with confidence. Watch him take a few big hits and then get up and celebrate or talk smack.

He is a completely different player in those highlights than we saw this year. If he can get that back he can be exactly what Keyshawn said - a guy that makes sense. Not a #1 type guy - but a guy that can make plays and fits a role on the team.

And his salary is still relatively when you consider it is on par with Charlie Anderson and Jason Allen.

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Jan 11, 2010, 02:14 PM

Hard to argue with what Keyshawn said... I agree with him.

ANAnonymousSupporter
Jan 11, 2010, 02:18 PM

Seems like everyone is talking about Ted Ginn Jr.

dolphan117dolphan117Luxury Box
Jan 11, 2010, 02:22 PM

Meh, I dont want him to play with arrogance.... I just want him to work his *** off, get his head right, and play with solid confidence.

NJFINSFAN1NJFINSFAN1Luxury Box
Jan 11, 2010, 02:29 PM

Ginn is who Ginn is.

You can't make a guy play arrogant when its not in his nature. And I don't think you have to play that way to be good. Plenty of guys don't act like jerks and still play well.

Whats the old saying, when you score a TD act like you have been there before.

I think this league has too much arrogant players as key says.

MAMaddMattNew Member
Jan 11, 2010, 02:30 PM

I feel badly for Ted Ginn. The only other player I felt that for was Sammie Smith. "Fans" have a tendency to look for their expectations, regardless of how realistic they may be.

They, on occasion, forget that players are also human, and have feelings just like the rest of us.

How well would we all preform, in our own jobs, if everyone was crucifying us based on their expectations? I am surprised at how well Ted has held up.

A little food for thought.

ANAnonymousSupporter
Jan 11, 2010, 02:35 PM

Why feel sorry for him when he's making millions?

I agree with NJfinsfans, Ginn isn't the type to play with arrogance. He's more like LT than say Desean Jackson.

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Jan 11, 2010, 02:37 PM

i say we all pitch in and buy teddy one of these to help toughen him up

swing away teddy, swing away.

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

MAMaddMattNew Member
Jan 11, 2010, 02:40 PM

"NJFINSFAN1 wrote:

Ginn is who Ginn is.

You can't make a guy play arrogant when its not in his nature. And I don't think you have to play that way to be good. Plenty of guys don't act like jerks and still play well.

Whats the old saying, when you score a TD act like you have been there before.

I think this league has too much arrogant players as key says.

How many here have played sports, FB, BB, Hoops, etc, in grade school, HS, or above?

Any recall being boo'ed, or your home-town fans saying you sucked? If so, any recall overcoming that?

Rhody Phins FanRhody Phins FanForum Veteran
Jan 11, 2010, 02:43 PM

"PhiNomina wrote:

If you search for his highlight tape on Youtube, the thing you notice in those Jets and Bills games he played last year was that he was playing with confidence. Watch him take a few big hits and then get up and celebrate or talk smack.

It's hard to really get that arrogant streak when you get thrown to once or twice a game. I'm not saying that he deserved more passes but it must be hard to keep that swagger when you become an afterthought in the offense.

MAMaddMattNew Member
Jan 11, 2010, 02:44 PM

"Ashraf wrote:

Why feel sorry for him when he's making millions?

I agree with NJfinsfans, Ginn isn't the type to play with arrogance. He's more like LT than say Desean Jackson.

Think the money makes Ginn any less human?

azfinfanmangazfinfanmangLuxury Box
Jan 11, 2010, 03:00 PM

"NJFINSFAN1 wrote:

Ginn is who Ginn is.

You can't make a guy play arrogant when its not in his nature. And I don't think you have to play that way to be good. Plenty of guys don't act like jerks and still play well.

Whats the old saying, when you score a TD act like you have been there before.

I think this league has too much arrogant players as key says.

Tori Holt, Marvin Harrison, John Stallworth, Isaac Bruce, Barry Sanders......
Just sayin...
All quiet guys that weren't the most Aggresive.
I am one of the biggest Ginn Bashers here, but I do respect him as a person....probably more than I ever did MeShawn actually.

jetssuckjetssuckNew Member
Jan 11, 2010, 03:10 PM

One of the few things I actually like about Ginn is the fact he's not like MeShawn....

JS

PHPHINANALYSTForum Veteran
Jan 11, 2010, 03:12 PM

Ginn needs more than simple arrogance and swagger .... i'd settle for a heart ....

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Jan 11, 2010, 03:13 PM

I guess I think he should have more of that swagger that Keyshawn speaks about, but not to the extremes that a lot of people make it out to be. Just because you have that type of swagger, doesn't mean you have to be a jackass too...

dolphan117dolphan117Luxury Box
Jan 11, 2010, 03:14 PM

"azfinfanmang wrote:

Tori Holt, Marvin Harrison, John Stallworth, Isaac Bruce, Barry Sanders......
Just sayin...
All quiet guys that weren't the most Aggresive.
I am one of the biggest Ginn Bashers here, but I do respect him as a person....probably more than I ever did MeShawn actually.

MeShawn was a Jet. Enough said. :up:

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Jan 11, 2010, 03:15 PM

"azfinfanmang wrote:

Tori Holt, Marvin Harrison, John Stallworth, Isaac Bruce, Barry Sanders......
Just sayin...
All quiet guys that weren't the most Aggresive.
I am one of the biggest Ginn Bashers here, but I do respect him as a person....probably more than I ever did MeShawn actually.

sanders said alot, usually by running over a defender or making him look like a jack ass.....

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Jan 11, 2010, 03:17 PM

"PHINANALYST wrote:

Ginn needs more than simple arrogance and swagger .... i'd settle for a heart ....

:confused2:

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Jan 11, 2010, 03:20 PM

Ted ginns reputation in this league is out...bully him and hes toast, rough him up at the los and he cant get off...his ass better be in our traning facility today doing squats til he pukes, cause 2maro's deadlift day..lol

JimTossJimTossForum Veteran
Jan 11, 2010, 03:22 PM

Its open season on Ted Ginn for every former NFL player apprently.

azfinfanmangazfinfanmangLuxury Box
Jan 11, 2010, 03:24 PM

"unluckyluciano wrote:

sanders said alot, usually by running over a defender or making him look like a jack ass.....

I don't remember him doing the former too much, but the latter on every play :lol:
I remember how Howie Long said he defended Barry:
"As soon as the ball is snapped, just stand still right where you are, sooner or later Barry will run to that spot".
He likened it to catching the Tasmanian Devil.

jetssuckjetssuckNew Member
Jan 11, 2010, 03:28 PM

"I'm sorry Dorothy, giving a Tin Man a heart is one thing, making Ted Ginn stay in bounds is just too much to ask, even from a Wizard"

JS

GARDENHEADGARDENHEADSupporter
Jan 11, 2010, 03:45 PM

Cut him. He's garbage.

Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin

dolfan7171dolfan7171New Member
Jan 11, 2010, 03:50 PM

I don't think he needs to be arrogant. I think he needs that quiet confidence that he can be a good player in this league and go out there and do it. Now I know he hasn't done that as of late, but if the Dolphins don't cut or trade him, Ginn needs to see it as another possible opportunity to be that good and productive player that we need.

Win, Lose, or Tie, I will be a Dolphins Fan Until I Die:up: