1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keys to the Game - New York Jets at Miami

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Muck, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
  2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Nice write up conu, I'd be curious about the matchup of the Jets tackles vs our passrushing OLB's though.

If they send Keller deep down the seam Wake, Jp, and JT will all have shots at getting to the Nacho, add in I think Merling and Langford and Starks can all penetrate and our passrush could be the overlooked part of the equation.

The Jets can watch film and Wake won't sneak up on them, but if they give help to Woody or Ferguson a twist or stunt underneath Wake's arc will bear some fruit on the rookie Sanchez.

Conuficus likes this.
  3. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Good write up. Very thorough.

Conuficus likes this.
  4. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    very good article. The one area you should have mentioned is passing to our running backs out in the flats. We should have success with that tonight and should incorporate it heavily into our game plan

Conuficus likes this.
  5. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    FYI - I had my laptop stolen by someone who thought it was really pretty. So, I had to do a quickie over the weekend.

There is a good bit I wanted to get in there and did, to start with, but on the re write, time became an issue as it was the weekend.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  6. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    The day we feature our backs in the passing game is the day I sprout wings and fly.

I don't know why we don't do it, I just know we don't.

7. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Great depth as always. I was surprised to see your thought that Revis would line up on Bess. If that is the case, we could, in fact, get something deep if (and that's a big IF) we get protection.

HardKoreXXX and Conuficus like this.
  8. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Ginn is usually on the left, Bess on the right. Revis usually stays on his side, unless I am way off on that. If Ginn is matched up on Revis, Revis usually wins that matchup. I think the coaching staff will look to keep Ginn away from Revis.

9. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I was thinking the same thing. Wasn't Lowery on Ginn last year at the Meadowlands? I recall Ginn burning him on that TD. Can't believe the Jets would allow Lowery to cover him.

10. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I would LOVE to see Ginn go in motion once in a blue moon.

I just think that when you're dealing with a receiving corps that struggles to get open and create separation, you should do what you can to try and force some mismatches.

DrAstroZoom likes this.
  11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Great read brother...Thats a bad *** picture of donald brown, ya'll need to look at that pic real close, the guy is mammoth strong...Iam startin to love our oline