1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kentucky WRSteve Johnson making the most of his opportunities

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 23, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    http://www.newerascouting.com/top_stories/400-johnson-is-making-the-most-of-his-opportunities/

Kentucky wide receiver Steve Johnson spoke to our Nick Ironside about the rigors of playing in the SEC, and how he’s prepared for the upcoming NFL Draft.

Steve Johnson, a 6-foot-3 198 pound wide receiver from the University of Kentucky, led his team to two clutch victories in the 2007 season against Louisville and Louisiana State. Johnson remembered both experiences vividly.

“As far as (my best memory with) Kentucky, I’d say the Louisville game was one of the best moments because it lifted up the team and the community - because of it being an in-state rivalry,” Johnson said.

“But as far as individual moment, I’d say the LSU game. The year before, they beat us 49-0. We just wanted to score at least one touchdown, and it was the same situation - I was there with the defensive back and we were on the same situation on the field, about the five-yard line.