1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keith Sims assesses guards Incognito, Thomas, Garner

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Mar 26, 2010.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Keith Sims assesses Miami Dolphins guards
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...sweblog+(Miami+Dolphins+|+Sun-Sentinel+Blogs)

Good read

SICK, Striking, Larryfinfan and 8 others like this.
  2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Gotta earn everything in the NFL, even comments from a ex NFL Olineman on a blog interview.

And Sims will have left the Dolphins by the time Mark Dixon played Tackle.

Bpk likes this.
  3. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    That was a good read. Thanks for sharing that with us. I think we are going to have an even more dangerous offensive line than we had last year. I just have this feeling that this is going to be a good year.

Striking, ATVZ400 and padre31 like this.
  4. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    sims speaks about bryan cox storming the bengals bench on MNF
    how quickly one is to forget that bengals rb harold green had dolphins cb vestee jackson by his facemask and dragged him through the cincy sideline.
    that is why he went over and challenged them yelling and screaming.
    justifiably so.

good words about garner. :up:

5. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I doubt he's even seen tape on Tsoumpas.

6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    There is that...:D

Other than the JT situation, I really like our offseason so far.

Added Dansby and Incognito, Tsoumpas, RGM, and Lumbala and Bryant Johnston.

subtracted Joey Porter, Akin Ayodele, G Wilson.

What's not to like?

Bpk likes this.
  7. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    The offense hasn't been upgraded.

jetssuck likes this.
  8. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Yet :up:

9. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Sims left before Dixon ever arrived, period. Sims last season was 1997 and Dixon's first was 1998. He was the LG for his first 4 seasons anyway and just a LT his last season in 2002. What difference does it make though, in regards to this article, that he left by the time Dixon played tackle?

10. MrClean

I think you mean Brian Johnston? There is no Bryant Johnston that I can recall, although there is a WR Bryant Johnson without the t. :D

11. MrClean

I think Cox was also upset because Alex Gordon blindsided Stoyo away from the play.

Striking likes this.
  12. MrClean

Maybe the Padre could invite Sims over for a few pizzas and they could watch tape of Tsoumpas together. :up:

13. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Hey, don't bug on Padre because he's passionate about a certain player...how many Penny lovers, Henne lovers, White lovers, Roth lovers, etc are there out there...Besides, I hope and pray that Padre is right and Tsoumpas turns into a very special player for us...

14. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    less a primary WR .... our Offense really doesn't need to be upgraded .... while our TEs aren't spectacular ... we have 3 still in development and Fasano is at least average.

this is another, i wish we knew where Haynos, Sperry and Nalbone were right now .... we'll get a snapshot during the OTCs ....

if they have made progress, then we won't even draft a TE ... i don't consider TE a position of need right now.

Trade our late 1st rd pick to DEN for Marshall and our offense becomes very, very good

My concern remains defense ....

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  15. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    That is what I recall too. Not just the blindsiding but the guys yucking it up on the sidelines. It was completely unsportsmanlike and that triggered Bryan's short fuse.

MrClean likes this.
  16. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    the Orca-5 will eat Defense alive
    this is an elite NFL Pod, not to worry

padre31 likes this.
  17. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Most won't agree with you, but I do 100%. I think our offense as a whole is underrated. People keep saying we need to get a "number one" WR and a "number one" TE but I have faith in the guys we have. Can we upgrade at those spots? Of course we can but too many sell our guys short. I see a group of receivers who get after it. I don't have the numbers but I would say we were near the top in the league in 3rd down conversions and you have to credit that to Chad Henne and you have to give the receivers credit for coming up with the big catch like I saw them do time and time again this past season.

I also believe Fasano had a down year and will rebound nicely. People seem to forget the fantastic year he had in 2008. He already excels as a blocking TE and if he can have the kind of season on the receiving end that he had in 2008 then it's a major boost to our offense.