1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kansas City targeting OT Long

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 4, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Chiefs: Kansas City targeting OT Long
    The News
    Michigan offensive tackle Jake Long is believed to be the top target on the Kansas City Chiefs' draft board, but assuming he's gone, the organization will work the phones to try to move down, according to Pro Football Weekly. "I think they'll want to go about 5-to-7 spots down," a source close to the team told PFW. "That way, they still should be able to take Boise State offensive tackle Ryan Clady or Pittsburgh offensive tackle Jeff Otah to help their line."

Our View
    It's no secret that Kansas City needs a stellar draft class to have a fighter's chance of making a playoff run in 2008. Coach Herm Edwards' recent assertion that he hopes between 50-75 percent of his draftees earn starting roles only highlights that need. So, in a somewhat perverse line of logic, the organization could opt for quantity over quality in the draft.
    http://www.fanballnews.com/nfl/

2. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Shhh...*creeps back to 2008 General Manager League on another forum*

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  3. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ

I'm sorry...... i don't know what you mean ?

4. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Sorry, just referring to the GM's League on another forum

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  5. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Yeah I was thinking thats what KC would like to do. However, I could see them taking Dorsey, he has a good chance of being there when they pick and they need a good DT to pair with Allen.

But I think their 2 biggest needs are OL and CB. No CB is worth the 5, and Jake has almost no chance of hitting #5, any team ahead of KC could reasonably draft him. So unless they are happy with Dorsey (or Ellis perhaps), then yeah, trade back with a team in the 10-15 range or so. Personally, I think they might go after Williams if they drop down, hes a bit more raw, but I think hes a better run blocker for LJ. Also would be in range to take a guy like DRC or Talib or Jenkins. Or *cough* Brohm? I just cant fathom a possibly '07 #1 overall being an '08 second rounder in a top-weak QB class.