1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just my opinion, but I believe........

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finzman13, Oct 7, 2008.

Tags:
  1. finzman13

finzman13 New Member

Oct 6, 2008
    I was looking over the next 3 games we have on our schedule. While I am in no way making any predictions, I am saying that IMO, I think we can (though not easily) end up at 5-2. I know what everybodys going to say, and I already know, "anything can happen on any given Sunday", and "dont get ahead of yourself". One of the luxuries of being a fan is that you are able to make assumptions, and/or predictions without the negative consequences on the team from looking past opponents. Leave it to Sporano and friends to stick to the "lets take it 1 game at a time" mentality, and lets start being fans. Miami is on a good roll, and as we all know its been a long time since we have been in this position. So now I am asking all of you for your opnions on the next 3 games and where YOU believe our record will stand at that point. Thank you EVERYBODY for your time in reading this thread. GOOOOOOOOO DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!

Ludacris likes this.
  2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

who do we have after houston?

3. Jackson

Jackson Bruce Banner

Mar 24, 2008
    Connecticut/Florida
    Baltimore and then buffalo. Both in MIA

4. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    every sunday when i sit down...im in "win win win" mode. i want it and expect it. being able to step outside my sunday self here...id be thrilled with 2 wins out of the next 3 games regardless of the schedule. no one seems unbeatable this year, while no one is a sure thing.

5. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    i agree seth, no one is unbeatable yet you can't write any team off either.

If our team excecutes and controls the ball like they have they should be able to win a good percentage of the few upcoming games.

I don't feel confident we will win all three, but i don't think its unlikely either.

They will be fun to watch knowing we have a legit chance of winning them. Damn thats a good feeling on sunday mornings.

6. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL

I agree Sethdaddy,

That has been the theme so far this year. It seems all the preseason power houses have been getting spanked by everyone.

IMHO, we could win the next three. :knucks:

I have always maintained, we were not a 1 win team last year. I think only winning 1 was a coach problem more then anything else. Letting the players slack off on conditioning etc... I think we could/should have won at least 5 or 6 games last year.

Saying that, I think we could see a 3 game improvement this year because of better talent and coaching. Making our actual record about 8 or 9 wins. Call me crazy, but I wouldn't cout it out.

7. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    I can see us going 2-1, although anything from 3-0 to 0-3 are possible. Houston gives us fits, but I just don't see us having a let down there. Baltimore is a very very good defense, however, the offense is really suspect. Then we have Buffalo and any division game is paramount and is probably the most unpredictable. Having said that, if we end up 5-2 after those three games you will really start seeing the PHINS get alot of chatter throughout the NFL.

8. Deof Movestofca

Deof Movestofca Dolphins Dude

Oct 2, 2008
    Earth
    Now if the 'Phins can win the next two games and get some help from Den (against NE) and SD (against NE and Buffalo), the 'Phins could find themselves in the thick of the AFC East race. Just a possible scenario to keep in mind....

9. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    I think it's possible perhaps against the Texans and Ravens but it'll be a tough one against the Bills.

Houston is in a little disarray. We aren't sure who will be the QB there after Sage had a brain explosion in the 4th quarter. Their defense against the run is not as good as it should be. However, we have never beaten them.

Baltimore has Flacco at QB. We just have to bring it to him IMO.

It all starts up front. Get pressure on the QB and stop the run. I think our personnel matches up quite well against those 2 teams.

Again it's possible but winning 5 in a row since week 3 is a tough ask.

10. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think that we can win those three games but its going to be difficult. The Texans have our number and they're explosive offensively. A couple positives though in this game is that we will see Matt Schaub starting and Dunta Robinson out. Schaub is prone to mistakes once pressured and has a bad QB rating. Robinson can make plays and is a good player in run support which is our main part of our gameplan. Out of the 201 total plays on offense, we have ran 117 times. If we control the trenches we will win this game. However, Mario Williams and Amobi Okoye could cause some problems for us, specifically Mario whose a complete Defensive End. He's very powerful and big. Long could have some troubles with him. If we struggle to control the trenches and have trouble with the TE Owen Daniels, this game could be a loss because it opens up the run game as well as opportunities for Andre' Johnson. Johnson is a physical WR and the last time Will Allen faced a physical WR, it was Larry Fitzgerald against Arizona. One thing to watch is ST's. We haven't been good nor has Houston but Andre' Davis can take it to the house if or when he's back there.

Against Baltimore, it will be a tough game. The Baltimore offense is all about run, like ours. They run a three-back system, with McGahee, rookie Ray Rice and 260 pound LeRon McClain. McClain is a punishing runner that has quick feet for a man his size/weight. We have been good against the run this year. If we do stop it, then I don't think we will have troubles stopping their passing game. Get to Flacco and there should be a couple turnovers in our favor. On offense, we will have a tough assignment going up against the Baltimore defense. They're a very good defense and I believe are one of the top first half defenses in the league once again (last year they were first). We will have to watch out for Chris McAllister whose playing exceptional. He has three interceptions and eight passes batted down. Ed Reed is still back there and he's still a premier Safety, if not the best one. I think with Pennington being efficient, he can make some plays. One key thing to remember is that Samari Rolle, is out of this game as well. The Ravens have a player that no one is talking about but he's making some plays and that man is Justin Bannan, the DT. Bannan is a fill-in for Kelly Gregg who will be having surgery and is likely going on the IR. The duo of Bannan and Ngata could give some troubles to Smiley/Satele/Ndukwe. One of the key weaknesses that we have all, including myself, have been pointing out is Satele against heavier Tackles. In the last game against Jamal Williams, Satele did a great job of holding up his block on Williams. Satele has been inconsistent this year with the bigger Tackles. He struggled against Kris Jenkins and Bryan Robinson but had success going against Jamal Williams and Vince Wilfork. Satele has had help from Smiley and I expect that to continue because it is helping up the lanes. I expect a win if we can establish the run against this tough defense.

Finally, against Buffalo. Buffalo hasn't faced many quality opponents this year but you can't take anything from their record. We have to pressure Edwards. Peters, the LT, has struggled a little bit. Probably because of his holdout but nevertheless, he has struggled. We have to once again establish the run game and continue to take care of the ball. I believe Terrence McGee and Roscoe Parrish could be out of this game but I could be wrong. They have very good ST's so this is something to keep an eye on leading up to the game IMO.

Overall, I think we could be anywhere from 2-1 to 0-3 in this three game stretch, depending on the play in the trenches in each game.

Ludacris likes this.
  11. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    Indeed, I'll say it once more....

10-6...:up:

12. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I said we would win five to six games in the beginning. I am thinking still around there but six to seven. Some are talking playoffs about this team and while I think that is a possibility, I don't think it happens. But I am curious in what teams you think we beat.