1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just heard a commercial...

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by TrueDolFan, Jul 29, 2008.

1. TrueDolFan

TrueDolFan Minion of Satan

Jun 17, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN
    I just heard a commercial on the radio for Comcast (if you don't have Comcast in your area, they are a cable, internet, and phone provider, HUGE company) offering a free Wii for any new customer who signs up for a 2-year contract for their "triple play" package - cable, internet, and phone service.

That will probably move quite a few Wii consoles. This sounds like it could be a pretty big deal.

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I don't think it is that great of a deal. I mean many people don't have/need land lines anymore. If they sign up for it just for the wii, they are dumb as it would cost less to buy it on ebay than to pay for phone for 2 years.

Also, a 2 year contract is pretty long. The services that comcast had are not like a cell phone, you can't always pick it up and take it with you if/when you move. I'm sure there is a fee to get out of the contract early, and I would bet it is at least a $200 fee.

3. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    They'd have to give me alot more than that to switch from Directv. :D

4. TrueDolFan

Jun 17, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN
    Regardless of whether you think it's a good deal or not, what I'm saying is that I bet this moves a bunch of Wii's.

5. TrueDolFan

Jun 17, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN
    You wouldn't consider upgrading your internet connection?

Man, I could NEVER go with anything other than my cable internet connection. WAY WAY faster than dsl.

Cable internet is to dsl what dsl is to dial-up.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  6. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    That alone is enough for me :hi5:

Won't ever part with Cable :wink2:

7. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    I have Comcast in my area but I can't get the phone service (its Tennessee :(), I think its a good deal though as I would like to have the triple play as I already have their cheap cable package so that I can get affordable internet, plus on top of that I have Dish Network. However if I could get the Triple Play this would nudge me along since its basically a free Wii for something I wanted anyway, but the problem is I hate cable tv and love my Dish Network.

It could definitely move Wiis though as kids will push their parents for these and people like me would consider it much more.