Just an Observation on Activity

7 replies

dgb11112dgb11112New MemberOP
Apr 27, 2008, 03:54 PM

Ladies and Gentleman,

It just occured to me when I was looking at why Miami hasn't selected a DB in the draft so far (round 6 1st of 3 picks)

I fyou look at the potentiol trades that might still be out there. The Eagles took a DT and a VERY undersized DE in the draft. It was apparent they needed some D line help and really got noe. Noe if you look at whom we might have available for trades possibly for Lito Sheppard.

Jason Taylor Philly is a possible superbowl contender this year

Vonnie Holiday
Matt Roth.

These 2 proably stay

Paul Solia
Steve Fifta

I don't see Matt making it thru TC with the DE we just got especially when Rodriqu Wright was coming on last year.

So even though we may be a bit frustrated we still have the potentiol for some big moves IMO!

feelthepainfeelthepainNew Member
Apr 27, 2008, 04:31 PM

I'm almost 100% sure Roth will not be a Dolphin come week 1. Another wasted 1st day pick.

ALalen1New Member
Apr 27, 2008, 04:32 PM

"feelthepain wrote:

I'm almost 100% sure Roth will not be a Dolphin come week 1. Another wasted 1st day pick.

Could we look at him as an OLB/ILB or is he too slow?

feelthepainfeelthepainNew Member
Apr 27, 2008, 04:38 PM

"alen1 wrote:

Could we look at him as an OLB/ILB or is he too slow?

In a 5 to 10 yard area he would be fine, but sideline to sideline he's way to slow, he wouldn't understand angles and even if he did, he'd have to start his angle before the snap of the ball just to catch up. The guy's got a motor and he's nasty, I just don't see a spot for him on this team now.

ALalen1New Member
Apr 27, 2008, 04:38 PM

"feelthepain wrote:

In a 5 to 10 yard area he would be fine, but sideline to side line he's way to slow, he wouldn't understand angles and even if he did, he'd have to start his angle before the snap of the ball just to catch up. The guy's got a motor and he's nasty, I just don't see a spot for him on this team now.

Ooo ok, thanks bro. :up:

dgb11112dgb11112New Member
Apr 27, 2008, 04:44 PM

Alen,
To put it into perspective regarding Matt Roth @ LB...

I just had reconstrucutive ankle surgery and I have more speed than he does side ot side.....:sidelol:

ALalen1New Member
Apr 27, 2008, 04:47 PM

:sidelol:

Marino1983Marino1983New Member
Apr 27, 2008, 05:10 PM

Unless a team comes up with a (knock your socks off) trade for a pick, picks, in the 09 draft and or a starting player or players JT is a lock to be in Miami at least for the 08 season!

I just do not see this happening period..

Marino1983

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36/Marino1983/FFansJBeck.jpg
John Beck --- THE FUTURE!