1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Judge erases Couples mortage to Bank

Discussion in 'Economics and Financials' started by 2socks, Nov 25, 2009.

1. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    gafinfan likes this.
  2. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    So if you are part of this then you could be called a H.A.M.P 'er??? -

ham⋅per1  /ˈhæm[​IMG]pər/ [​IMG] Show Spelled Pronunciation [ham-per] [​IMG] Show IPA
    –verb (used with object) 1.to hold back; hinder; impede: A steady rain hampered the progress of the work. 2.to interfere with; curtail: The dancers' movements were hampered by their elaborate costumes.
    –noun 3.Nautical. gear that, although necessary to the operations of a vessel, is sometimes in the way.

Great Job BO Administration....great job....outstanding program naming!!!! Classic!

Crappy Tipper likes this.
  3. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    :lol: Classic

4. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I don't mind the judge blasting the bank, but I can't believe the entire mortgage was wiped away. At least only wipe away the interest and penalties.

I mean the article said
    I just don't see how they can erase a mortgage when there was no equity. I would think they'd erase all the penalties, force a remodification, and allow the couple to stay in the home.

That's crazy, and definitely unprecedented. I would not be surprised if this was overturned on appeal.

10% loan skyrocketing to 12% too? 10% alone is incredibly high (imo), but I would think skyrocketing would be at least 15%. But that is just me disagreeing with word choice. Both rates are crazy.

5. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    There is no way this doesn't get over turned on appeal......unless there is some obscure law we don't know about. Good to see though. These banks need a kick in the a$$.