1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JT Ticker on NFLN

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by slickj101, May 26, 2008.

Tags:
  1. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I dont know if anyone saw this but I was watching NFLN and the ticker said that Miami Herald (or another paper, i dont really remember) is reporting that the Dolphins are saying that JT will not be traded for less then a 1st rounder.

Nothin really groundbreaking but I though Id put it up none the less.

I'm guessing this might be just to get some offers higher from reported 4ths to 2nds or 3rds. Or it might be accurate. Or it might not mean ****. Take it with a grain of salt.

alen1 likes this.
  2. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    While we could never, ever, put a value on JT's performance, I think Parcells should back away from the pipe on this one.

3. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    I believe that is what has been going around for some time now. I just wish someone would come to some kind of decision soon about where the outcome of the situation is going.

4. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

just sit back and watch my friends, this is going to get nasty.

5. Marino

Marino New Member

May 26, 2008
    Florida
    They need to work things out. We will never get in value what we would be missing. If he does not play for us this year, we will have a big void that can't be filled.

6. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    exactly. We don't exactly know what has gone on. It is all media speculation and a Sparano speech. Right now, our D is not any better with this crap going on.

7. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    True. But that void ain't getting filled by trading him for a 4th rounder.
    I have no problem with what Parcells and Co. are doing. If they can't get what they feel is fair value then they shouldn't trade him.

UCF FINatic and DOLFANMIKE like this.
  8. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    I be a little pissed off if we are or were offered a 2nd rounder and I didn't take it. Thats the absolute most I could see us getting for JT after all the bad blood recently. No one is going to even consider a 1st, not even a conditional one. I could see someone offering maybe a 3rd that turns into a 2nd when conditions are met. Well I guess we will see if JT just retires and goes to Hollywood instead of playing here next year.

9. Duss

Duss Season Ticket Holder

Dec 9, 2007
    I think I trust this regime and our D will definitely be better

Bpk and DOLFANMIKE like this.
  10. Frayser

Frayser Barstool Philosopher

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    KFFL had it up earlier, but it wasn't the herald. It was a smaller paper that I had not heard of before. I think we are probably saying 1st and realistically hoping for a 2nd or 3rd. At this point, I think we should probably consider trading for players.

11. Die_Nasty

Die_Nasty Well-Known Member

May 16, 2008
    West Palm Beach, FL
    If I were Parcells I would try and make the league think just that, we will not take any less than a 1st rounder. With JT's value hitting rock bottom, it is a great way to maybe spark a little more interest.

12. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Link: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/...008/05/26/florida_timesunion_price_for_t.html

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/052508/jag_282651801.shtml

13. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    If the Chargers would like to give us their redundant franchise 1st round CB in Antoine Cason, I'd take that.

14. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008
    This has to be posturing. Even if we don't trade him, there is nothing to say he won't play with us in September. All he said was he wasn't going to TC, much like Strahan last year with the Giants.

Could be that he sits out all of training camp and then reports come September. He needs the 8 million hes going to make. He doesn't want to lose it. This is different than many hold out situations. This isn't a contract disagreement. This is something else. Hes happy with the money hes due to make.

So it could be that the Fins are trying to make a point, but actually do want JT to play with the team.

15. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Maybe Parcells and Co. were not joking when he said JT would play for Miami or retire. What if quietly JT asked to be traded and Parcells agreed begrudgingly. Then Parcells puts him out on the market with an asking price no one will cough up. Parcells says "Sorry we tried to trade you, but no takers so suit up and play out your contract." JT gets angry because he feels the trade price was rediculous and was duped and holds out. JT has three options: Peddle himself somewhere for the asking price which ain't happening, Suit up and play Dolphins football, or Retire. Parcells could be sending a message to the entire team, No player will dictate his way out of Miami, only management will. JMO

njfinfan likes this.
  16. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Way to go Bill. Send that message. JMO. :yes:

Georgia Fin likes this.
  17. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    100% agreed. We need this kind of attitude to turn this organization around.:up:

18. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    I couldn't agree more.