1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jordan says "wouldn't be a surprise" if he's not ready for opener

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Ronnie Bass, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...not-ready-for-opener-20130822,0,2919771.story

UGH. Something keeps telling me this shoulder is going to be a problem all season, not just the beginning, either way this sucks because I think an healthy Jordan would make an impact opposite Wake and its starting to look like we might have to wait till 2014 for that to happen.

xphinfanx and Bpk like this.
  2. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Never mind.

I'll just say this. The following is a pretty telling statement:

Bpk, RoninFin4, SICK and 5 others like this.
  3. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

:no:

not good

4. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    He's gonna end up on IR, IMO.

ASOT and Bpk like this.
  5. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I feel like the journalist is combining two separate statements into one... to make it a juicier story.

It reeks of taking his words out of context IMO.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  6. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Or he could just be relaying something Dion said.

SMH.

7. Serpico Jones

Feb 1, 2012
    Ridiculous.

8. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    I follow Chris Jenkins on twitter and he comes across as the anti-Omar, I think he just tries to report what he sees and hear and not really looking to make waves.

9. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Because these South Florida journalists never stretch the truth for hits. Not like he's the protégé of the well-renowned Omar Kelly.

SMH.

GMJohnson and MikeHoncho like this.
  10. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Dion always talks about his body like that..he seems to me like he knows his body well..not worried.

GMJohnson and MikeHoncho like this.
  11. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    I sure do hate preseason and our 24/7 news cycle. If hes not there week 1, then I'll be annoyed. As of right now, I dont care.

maynard and MikeHoncho like this.
  12. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Isn't he the guy who follows Omar around or am I thinking of someone else?

13. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    All the more reason you should be worried when he says that he "wouldn't be surprised at all" if he missed the Cleveland game.

Da 'Fins, Bpk and Ronnie Bass like this.
  14. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Given the ridiculousness of our reporters...it's not very ridiculous...

15. Serpico Jones

Feb 1, 2012
    Yes it is.

16. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Idk CK, I'm just not worried about Dion Jordan paying the first game..if he has to continue to strengthen then the shoulder to where he feels 100 % then I'm ok with that, it's weird, I have a calmness about this and I think it's because of what I watched him do the first time he took the field, and knowing what he potentially can do for this defense..

FanMarino likes this.
  17. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    This is what can happen when you draft a player with a blown out shoulder, not surprising at all.

Da 'Fins likes this.
  18. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    Yea we had enough ammo to team Grimes up with Xavier Rhodes and still be able to trade up for Cordarrelle Patterson...instead we took 2 hurt players....hope these moves don't backfire on us.

MAFishFan and Da 'Fins like this.
  19. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    I don't think we will miss Jordan right now. Our Defense is looking pretty good to me right now. I don't think its such a huge hit if we miss Jordan in the opener. Keller is a bigger loss imo. I think the Offense needs to step up. Defense is fine. Let Jordan get healthy, football ready and then let him loose! Im not overly concerned.

20. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Try being calm if the Dolphins lose to the Browns because Brandon Weeden has all day to throw.

21. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    Not possible

ckparrothead likes this.
  22. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    Weeden could sit back in the pocket all day now, Joe Thomas should have no problem handling Vernon and they'll focus much of their attention on trying to neutralize Cam Wake. They've got one of the most brilliant offensive minds in the league calling the plays, they're at home, no Keller, now possibly no Dion Jordan....I mean we could EASILY lose this game, which is not good considering the next 4 opponents are all better teams than Miami.

23. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Point taken..their oline is in flux like ours, without Jordan we should still be a better pressure team, 2nd year in system, better blitzing linebackers, Odrick on the inside, wake is better, Vern is better..

24. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    How so?

25. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    There's a reason- or reasons- that Patterson lasted until late in the 1st round. I'm happy to have Dion Jordan, but the bottom line is that he had major shoulder surgery no too long ago. As per former Vols receivers, I would have rather had Da'Rick Rogers in the 7th rd instead of Don Jones. Or in the 5th rd instead of Jelani Jenkins for that matter.

As to Jordan- great talent, but the shoulder injury is a concern. I was miffed when that traded 2nd rd pick to Oakland turned out to be early enough to take Menelik Watson- and was used on Menelik Watson. Arguably my favorite player in the draft. Still mulling over the 3rd rd pick spent on Dallas Thomas with so many play makers on the board- I certainly hope that his performance warrants the selection- so far sketchy as best, but it's still early.

Da 'Fins likes this.
  26. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Still 2 weeks till opener guys, lets relax a bit.

Sceeto and Bpk like this.
  27. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Id be lying if I said I wasnt worried.

Bpk likes this.
  28. toto

toto Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Vellmar, Germany
    If a rookie not playing is the reason we lost, this team has definitely much bigger problems to worry about imo!

29. FanMarino

Nov 24, 2007
    This. Its becoming a "now, instant attitude. This almost panic negative stuff will be forgotten down the road.

30. mcdave21

mcdave21 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Idk....this seems like much ado about nothing. It sounds like to me that its possible that Jordan is being a little tongue in cheek with the media. He's just saying that it's his body so if course he wouldn't be surprised if he missed the opener. He's not saying he will or won't. Just that his body isn't going to surprise him either way. - glass half full.

Now....glass half empty. What if he does miss the opener? That would def be disappointing, but will it kill our chances to win that game? IMO, our first string defense has looked pretty good in limited snaps thus far.

Im not too worried yet. There's over 2 weeks until the opener. Remember last yr when hartline was out all camp and preseason? Some actually thought he might be cut. How'd his season turn out? Hoping for the best....

VManis likes this.
  31. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    It could just as likely mean that the coaching staff is holding him back when he feels he's ready. I.E. he doesn't know, because he's not making the actual decision.

Then again, he could just not be healthy enough.

Either way, I'm not sure I could really take much away from this. It was a pretty vague statement from a player who we know essentially has a gag-order when it comes to discussing injuries.

djphinfan likes this.
  32. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Guard.

On a plane, don't mean to be short, but yeah guard, they tried to trade for Moffitt.

33. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I've got a feeling Jordan and Taylor will both be cleared to play.

34. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Dion is a freestyler of a football player, just press go...main thing is to get him as strong as possible for the regular season then just unleash his ***..

Think about what you saw in his first action since his last college game...I saw pass rush moves that I never saw in college, I saw him play middle linebacker and have incredible range...the dude practiced like three times before he did that, lol...

The freestyler..no worries, he's going to layer our defense beautifully.

35. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010
    I think its that otherwise the two statements don't make a whole lot of sense together. I think Jordan feels he is ready now and is frustrated that the trainers keep holding him back so its a bit of a dig at them.

36. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Folks that are *****ing about him not playing the opener, or Ireland should of went in another direction because he might miss the opener? are you really going to make such a drastic decision or make such a statement on such a talented player who has flashed repeatedly on an NFL football field..you would really go back in the draft and do things differently.??

Whatever man, I call your bluff.

37. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Things that make you go Hmmm..... another interesting perspective..and very well could be correct...Dion is an interesting bird, I think, all he wants to be is a football player and a great teammate, so maybe he's just messin with us.

38. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    We should beat Cleveland with or without him.

But more to the point...It's fine with me if he's out til the bye week (missing 5 games) if that's what it takes to get him 100% healthy and strong. Take care of the investment. All our division games aren't until after the bye anyways.

39. Finrunner

Finrunner Season Ticket Holder

Dec 11, 2007
    Agreed. I want Jordan to play in the opener. I've wanted to see him every game. But you don't draft a guy 3rd overall for his first game, you draft him for the long haul. You want those first four years and then to extend him before it's over because he's a stud and huge part of the core of the team. Thinking of going in a different direction in the draft from the player your whole staff wants because of a temporary injury is not forward-thinking in the least. You have to have a macro-view.

If Dion doesn't play in the opener, I'll be disappointed. But this is the NFL and there are no excuses. He has to get healthy. And the Dolphins have to go to Cleveland and win. It'd be better to have him, for sure, but you line up, play, and win, whether he's in uniform or not.

djphinfan likes this.
  40. FanMarino

Nov 24, 2007
    Relying on a Rookie when Weeden has 'all day to throw' isnt on #95 imo. :no:

Fin-Omenal likes this.