Jordan Howard Cut
22 replies
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
Do others think that this has been prompted by the way Salvon Ahmed has done since his promotion from the practice squad?
"Phil Hutchings wrote:
Do others think that this has been prompted by the way Salvon Ahmed has done since his promotion from the practice squad?
No doubt. Howard was a healthy scratch yesterday, and Ahmed performed well once again.
"The Guy wrote:
No doubt. Howard was a healthy scratch yesterday, and Ahmed performed well once again.
It's also a function of a well oiled front office and coaching staff.
Cut losses fast. Don't continue to use players that are performing poorly, ala Adam Gase.
This is what winning franchises do.
"Phil Hutchings wrote:
Do others think that this has been prompted by the way Salvon Ahmed has done since his promotion from the practice squad?
I most certainly do!

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”
No dead money is good. Hopefully Grier can find a good RB in next year's draft.
Howard didn't impress me one bit this season. No big loss

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
"Phil Hutchings wrote:
Do others think that this has been prompted by the way Salvon Ahmed has done since his promotion from the practice squad?
No, I think this was prompted by his mediocre production on the field all year long.
When a RB the size of Ahmed is breaking more tackles than a player twice his size, you rarely look at the little guy and call it remarkable. Instead, you look at the big guy and realize he's woefully average.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"Not So Fast wrote:
No dead money is good. Hopefully Grier can find a good RB in next year's draft.
Wouldn't mind seeing a reunion for Tua with Najee Harris or Travis Etienne in the second round.
"KeyFin wrote:
No, I think this was prompted by his mediocre production on the field all year long.
When a RB the size of Ahmed is breaking more tackles than a player twice his size, you rarely look at the little guy and call it remarkable. Instead, you look at the big guy and realize he's woefully average.
But a team isn’t going to cut a guy unless it has a ready-made replacement.
"Fishhead wrote:
Wouldn't mind seeing a reunion for Tua with Najee Harris or Travis Etienne in the second round.
That's another reason to root hard against the Texans, because if that pick is early enough you can get guys like that in the 2nd.
I'm not one to celebrate the failures of others I know nothing at all about...but thank friggen God. If I had to watch the worst feet in football take another handoff you guys might have had to put me on some sort of safety watch for my mental state.
"KeyFin wrote:
No, I think this was prompted by his mediocre production on the field all year long.
When a RB the size of Ahmed is breaking more tackles than a player twice his size, you rarely look at the little guy and call it remarkable. Instead, you look at the big guy and realize he's woefully average.
I think it's both. You now have just about every back on the roster looking better than Howard down to the PS.
You dont want to move Ahmed there because a hungry team will claim him. We needed to make room and I wouldnt be surprised if Gaskin/Ahmed is our 1-2 punch most the rest of the way.
"Phil Hutchings wrote:
But a team isn’t going to cut a guy unless it has a ready-made replacement.
He's been a healthy scratch for multiple games this season- you can't replace a 4th stringer who's getting beat by practice squad players. He basically fell off the depth chart entirely.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"Phil Hutchings wrote:
But a team isn’t going to cut a guy unless it has a ready-made replacement.
They traded for DeAndre Washington and Matt Brieda should be back this Sunday. Both Brieda and Washington are in their contract years. It'll be interesting to see if Miami lets one or both walk at the end of the year. Both Gaskin and clearly, Ahmed, can play. We're fine. Howard hasn't contributed much besides goal line carries.
"The_Dark_Knight wrote:
Dashing through the field,
with the ball tucked in my arm,
I'm looking to do
Defenses some harm
I picked up 7 yards
And then I got some more
And soon we were knocking on the defense's back door, oh
Jingle Balls Jingle Balls, I run over you
You look so confused that you do not know what to do oh
Jingle balls jingle balls we're going to score some more,
Going to make you feel just like
A cheap $3 (word that rhymes with door, s’more, bore, gore, lore, etc)
edit: dag gummit galant, quit messing with my rhymes

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”
"Sceeto wrote:
Well, there goes the season.
Although that other post made me laugh, I was afraid to like it in fear that I'd somehow get banned. Nothing says Christmas like football...
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"KeyFin wrote:
Although that other post made me laugh, I was afraid to like it in fear that I'd somehow get banned. Nothing says Christmas like football...
:sidelol:
He'll catch on somewhere else and blow up again lol! j/k
Seriously though....WTF happened to him? He was a beast running back his first two seasons in Chicago! Really came out of nowhere and was running all over the place! Did the tread wear off that quickly with him? We've seen it happen before, Alfred Morris, Steve Slaton come to mind. Man....What a disappointment though with Howard! My hopes for him were never really that high. He looked cooked last year in Philly. Still, it's baffling how quickly he faded.
"ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
He'll catch on somewhere else and blow up again lol! j/k
Seriously though....WTF happened to him? He was a beast running back his first two seasons in Chicago! Really came out of nowhere and was running all over the place! Did the tread wear off that quickly with him? We've seen it happen before, Alfred Morris, Steve Slaton come to mind. Man....What a disappointment though with Howard! My hopes for him were never really that high. He looked cooked last year in Philly. Still, it's baffling how quickly he faded.
I saw one stat that showed that he is generally the type of runningback that does better with the more carries he gets.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty