1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jon Jones fighter of the year.

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Two Tacos, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Amazing year for him. Finishes 3 former tittle holders, and catches a mugger the morning he wins the championship. Henderson is a close second, fight of the year, and knocks out Fedor. Anybody disagree?

Tpaddle likes this.
  2. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Not sure who can stop Jon Jones. Its pretty much GG once he gets you on the ground his size just overwhelms.

3. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I think it is. Shogun's 2005 was pretty close. Finished, Rampage, Overeem and Arona. Decision over Little Nog.

What's so amazing is he finished Bader, then made such a big jump in competition to Shogun and the other titlists just six weeks later. And dominated.

Tpaddle likes this.
  4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I hope he fights Spider Silva one day.....or GSP

5. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    Id like to see him against gsp. I like henderson also, but jones has been more dominant IMO.

6. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    There's no way he's going to fight GSP. To much weight difference. If anyone would fight it would be GSP and Silva. Even then they would have to fight at a catch weight, and JJ is bigger then Silva.

I really am disappointed by GSP-Silva not happening yet. And at this point, doubt it ever will.

But yes, Jon Jones is just an amazing fighter.

7. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I'm surprised with that name he wasn't nicknamed The Martian Manhunter.

Semi-joking aside.... He's an animal. Plain and simple.

8. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    I'd say the recent GSP injury he should change weight classes and work towards fighting Silva.

9. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Jones & GSP is not even possible. Well, maybe 5 years ago in a Pride open weight tourney. That's just two completely different bodies there. Jones will be a heavyweight someday.

Honestly, I don't even want to see GSP and Silva. It won't live up to the hype. With his injury and Sliva's age, I think it's pretty much kaput. I don't think GSP really wants that fight either, much the way Silva isn't interested in a Jones fight. They've got legacies, and neither guy really wants to leave their weight class. Silva has fought at 205 as penance for past sins, and one time as a favor.

Really, I'd rather GSP finish off welterweight and Silva to retire on top.

10. RonD

RonD New Member

Dec 13, 2011
    I think Jon Jones will stay on top for a while, he really is powerful and versatile, and he is only 24.