1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Rocker goes off again

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by PMZQ, Jan 27, 2009.

Tags:
  1. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Coral Reefer likes this.
  2. Oboy

Oboy Premium Member Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Come on. A person won't change if they do not feel they are wrong. I think it is plainly obvious this guy still believes in the KKK (or some other racist hate group). Lets stop printing stories about him and maybe he will just go away.

3. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Don't kill the messanger bro.....:sad:

4. Oboy

Oboy Premium Member Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Sorry. Did not mean to make it sound like I was mad at you. Just in general. sometimes some 'journalists' just print such crap. They just need to start ignoring idiots like Rocker and the world will be a better place. :wink2:

PMZQ likes this.
  5. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    This I can agree with :up:

Oboy likes this.
  6. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Rocker's clearly an angry guy and yeah, still has some issues.
    However, I don't think it's uncommon for people to hold grudges so this incident seems a little overblown to me.

Secondly, I absolutely have to point out the irony that can be found in this article.

The Author of this article, Snyder writes:

Can't disagree, however, the same author uses the Racist term Redneck to describe Rocker a few sentences before writing his comment ripping such a comment. Looks like someone else isn't smart enough to explain how they feel about someone without resorting to the same tactics.

Great job there Snyder! :lol:

Oboy likes this.
  7. Coral Reefer

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    It's pretty funny actually because Rocker is about as relevant as a tit on a boar hog at this point. So really, why would any writer even bother to qoute anything from him?

PMZQ likes this.
  8. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Controversy sells, just look at the Dallas Cowboys. They haven't won a playoff game in 13 years, yet are always the # 1 lead story on ESPN.

9. Coral Reefer

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Yeah, but that's cause of TO.

He's an idiot that is also a talent.
    Talent + Stupidity = controversy that sells.

Rocker is just Stupid.
    The talent dissapeared years ago.

Rocker should'nt be the lead story from anyone unless it's an announcement from his agent that he's going to be on the Surreal Life with other washouts or having a starring role on Celebrity Rehab. :lol:

PMZQ likes this.
  10. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    :lol: I happen to agree with you, he shouldn't be the lead story as he hasn't been relevant on the baseball diamond in 7 or 8 years (or more) but that kind of story sells. Its just the way it is.