1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John beck loses to grossman, rudy dvd sales plummet

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by adamprez2003, Sep 5, 2011.

1. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Can John Beck please retire already? You couldnt even beat out Rex Grossman. Seriously how many clues do you need?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...t=Ahu7I7TWoSeQn5KAb8WSVZ5DubYF?urn=nfl-wp6463

Washington Redskins fans … the preseason quarterback battle that kept you on the edge of your seat has officially been resolved. Multiple reports indicate that head coach Mike Shanahan decided that the 'battle royale' between Rex Grossman(notes) and John Beck(notes) went in Grossman's favor, and he will be the Week 1 starter.

"I just thought it was the best thing," Shanahan said after Monday practice. "If we knew what direction we were going to go, [we wanted] to let everybody know and let everybody know so on Wednesday we can focus on the Giants and not all the speculation that goes on in between. I wanted to take as long as I possibly could to make sure that I did make the right decision. But [it] was very competitive, and I like where we're at."

unluckyluciano likes this.
  2. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    the NY G-men are so beat up, even Grossman might make few enough mistakes to still walk away with the win for the skins.

3. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Both should retire. Both are awful awful awful quarterbacks.

alen1 likes this.
  4. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    My understanding is that Grossman just knew the offense better. Beck had no offseason OTAs so he was behind, but that Shanahan really likes Beck a lot. Also Grossman had a pretty good preseason. IMO he still made too many mistakes, but he's in a more QB friendly system than he had in Chicago and he's a vet QB now. I mean even Vinny Testeverde became known as a savvy veteran after he'd been around long enough and he was dumb as a box of rocks.

5. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Today john beck said he is "pissed". Oh john, how far you've come