John Beck interview,

19 replies

feelthepainfeelthepainNew MemberOP
Apr 25, 2008, 01:44 PM

Thanks to X-Pacolypse who started a thread on Finheaven, check what Beck has to say about his job security and BP thinking towards every position on the team. It's very telling in BP's thinking and explains the interest in Henne, if indeed there is any.

Also check out the Lloyd Carr interview farther down the page. He talks about both Long and Henne.

http://www.wqam.com/index.php?page=347

bkbuffetbkbuffetNew Member
Apr 25, 2008, 01:56 PM

Thanks for that.
Interview with Carey on there as well.

gafinfangafinfanSupporter
Apr 25, 2008, 02:01 PM

Thanks for the link I really love this kid and think he's gonna be good. Good to hear about Ted Ginn working extra too. :hi5:


This is the only thing I’ve learned: There’s only us. There’s no them. Despots and authoritarians need to make a “them” to have a straw man whom you are against. If you need to make an enemy of “them,” you’ve lost the spirit of us. - Ken Burns of PBS

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Apr 25, 2008, 02:02 PM

Nice find! Thanks for sharing.
Glad to hear they've worked on his release, getting it up higher. I really like this kid, he's a character guy, an intelligent guy, a hard worker, I hope he's going to be a great QB too, and I hope we give him the chance to this year. I can't see us getting rid of him considering the amount of time they've spent working with him in the off season.

Nice to hear his thoughts on Long, and also nice to hear that he's working alot with Ginn in practice.


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

RYryoung8918New Member
Apr 25, 2008, 02:18 PM

Something I noticed about Beck's rookie season. His 62 rating closely resembles the rating for another Miami rookie QB - Bob Griese. I'm glad Miami didn't rush to judgement on Bob.

I don't know how Beck will turn out, but his attitude is refreshing and I hope he can find success.

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Apr 25, 2008, 02:23 PM

Best Two Words to hear: Reeeeeeleeeease Pooooiiint. I didn't know about that AC injury and the backstory to why he was throwing off the side, definitely great to hear that he didnt always throw like that.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

Mcduffie81Mcduffie81Supporter
Apr 25, 2008, 02:39 PM

Thanks for posting that. I enjoyed it. Im so excited for this upcoming season. Most of all im excited to see John Beck play. I hope, and think he will win the job at the very least a few games into the season. Im a huge supporter of his. He has what it takes I just know it.

"There is nothing to fear, except everyone trying to tackle me." - Ted Ginn Jr.

Phins28Phins28Forum Veteran
Apr 25, 2008, 02:50 PM

Thanks Feelthepain, I hope he's the answer at QB.

DOLFANMIKEDOLFANMIKELuxury Box
Apr 25, 2008, 03:06 PM

"brandon27 wrote:

Nice find! Thanks for sharing.
Glad to hear they've worked on his release, getting it up higher. I really like this kid, he's a character guy, an intelligent guy, a hard worker, I hope he's going to be a great QB too, and I hope we give him the chance to this year. I can't see us getting rid of him considering the amount of time they've spent working with him in the off season.

Nice to hear his thoughts on Long, and also nice to hear that he's working alot with Ginn in practice.

I am excited to say that for the first time in a long time I am starting to really like the "people" that make up the Dolphins organization. Beck is a perfect example of that.


1972: THE ONLY PERFECT SEASON

WELCOME TO MIAMI:
WR J. Waddle
EDGE J. Phillips

PhinsRockPhinsRockLuxury Box
Apr 25, 2008, 03:39 PM

Thank you FTP, I really like this kid and hope he gets a shot at showing what he can do for us. (After my boy Josh wins a Sb for us of course. :lol:)

2011 & 2006 World Champions, 2013 National League Champions; St. Louis Cardinals!

SASamNew Member
Apr 25, 2008, 06:04 PM

Interesting info about Henning's view of our new offense...not taking what the defense gives you, but an attacking type of offense.

Here I thought we were going to be a running team, with a little passing thrown in to keep the defense honest, apparently not so....cool. I, for one, would enjoy a Cowboys type of offense, and I'm guessing that's where we're headed towards. Now, we just need some players to make it happen.

Lt DanLt DanForum Veteran
Apr 25, 2008, 06:14 PM

Great to hear that Ginn is out there working hard as well:up:

phinfanukphinfanukNew Member
Apr 26, 2008, 09:37 AM

Can anyone type a brief summary of what was said for me please? My speakers are shot.

Phinfanuk

feelthepainfeelthepainNew Member
Apr 26, 2008, 11:08 AM

"phinfanuk wrote:

Can anyone type a brief summary of what was said for me please? My speakers are shot.

\

Basically, John talks about his release and how him and Dan Henning have work on getting his release back to where it was before he had a shoulder injury at BYU that forced John to throw a little side armed,or with a low release. He's no throwing the ball with a higher release point which is where he was most comfortable.

John talked about how the Dolphins would play in their new offense, that the philosophy was to attack. They wanted to not only get 1st downs on third down, but 1st and 2nd downs too. Basically attack, attack, attack. John said that was quite a bit different then what he was asked to do last year when he was the starter. He said last year they wanted to make sure they moved the chains on 3rd down and tired to be conservative at the same time. He says this new Offense is something he's really excited about.

John talked about Ginn and his work ethic. John said usually the QB's were the last ones to leave the practice field and Ginn still wanted to work on a few things and he was very happy to see that. John also said Ginn would remark about how upset he would get if the pass was close enough to catch but he didn't catch it. John said that bothered Ginn alot.

John Talked about drafting Jake Long and in the interview was asked "were you releaved when the Dolphins didn't sign another QB or were you indifferent to the pick?" John said he isn't worried about any player the Dolphins sig, because you're always going to be competing with someone no matter what, so he was fine with whatever the Dolphins were planning with their first pick. He then went on to talk about "Big Jake" and he said in his circle of friends and contacts he was getting all kinds of information and hearing nothing but good things about Jake. John also said he was getting a whole bunch of phone calls and text's congratulating him and the Dolphins on drafting Jake. He said everyone was real happy for him.

John also spoke a little about how he loved the idea of having someone to cover his blindside as a QB. I think Johns thrilled, even happier then he sounded in the interview. How could you not be with a guy the size of Jake watching your back.

John also talked about BP and his philosophy with every player on the team, John said BP told John to his face, "I'm trying to replace you, and everyone on this team". Basically you better preform....no matter who you are or you're out the door. I loved that part. It also explains the interest in Henne, imo. I think this has nothing to do with BP's confidence in John, I think it's because BP was to have competition at every position, nothing more.

Well that's about it.

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Apr 26, 2008, 11:39 AM

"feelthepain wrote:

\

Basically, John talks about his release and how him and Dan Henning have work on getting his release back to where it was before he had a shoulder injury at BYU that forced John to throw a little side armed,or with a low release. He's no throwing the ball with a higher release point which is where he was most comfortable.

John talked about Ginn and his work ethic. John said usually the QB's were the last ones to leave the practice field and Ginn still wanted to work on a few things and he was very happy to see that. John also said Ginn would remark about how upset he would get if the pass was close enough to catch but he didn't catch it. John said that bothered Ginn alot.

John Talked about drafting Jake Long and in the interview was asked "were you releaved when the Dolphins didn't sign another QB or were you indifferent to the pick?" John said he isn't worried about any player the Dolphins sig, because you're always going to be competing with someone no matter what, so he was fine with whatever the Dolphins were planning with their first pick. He then went on to talk about "Big Jake" and he said in his circle of friends and contacts he was getting all kinds of information and hearing nothing but good things about Jake. John also said he was getting a whole bunch of phone calls and text's congratulating him and the Dolphins on drafting Jake. He said everyone was real happy for him.

John also spoke a little about how he loved the idea of having someone to cover his blindside as a QB. I think Johns thrilled, even happier then he sounded in the interview. How could you not be with a guy the size of Jake watching your back.

John also talked about BP and his philosophy with every player on the team, John said BP told John to his face, "I'm trying to replace you, and everyone on this team". Basically you better preform....no matter who you are or you're out the door. I loved that part. It also explains the interest in Henne, imo. I think this has nothing to do with BP's confidence in John, I think it's because BP was to have competition at every position, nothing more.

Well that's about it.

It is about Parcell's confidence in John. Parcells is brutally honest with people. This isnt motivation. This is a warning to Beck that unless you show me more I will find someone who can show me more. He probably had the same message for about 40 to 45 players but I guarantee there are some players that didnt get that speech

The one thing former players all say when discussing what its like to play for Parcells is they all say you always know where you stand and there are no games.



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

feelthepainfeelthepainNew Member
Apr 26, 2008, 11:55 AM

"adamprez2003 wrote:

It is about Parcell's confidence in John. Parcells is brutally honest with people. This isnt motivation. This is a warning to Beck that unless you show me more I will find someone who can show me more. He probably had the same message for about 40 to 45 players but I guarantee there are some players that didnt get that speech

The one thing former players all say when discussing what its like to play for Parcells is they all say you always know where you stand and there are no games.

See I don't see it that way. I see it as a motivational tool, but hardly because of lack of confidence. I also think he wants to add some pressure to see how John responds. I seriously doubt you had a personal conversation with Bill about what his real intentions are or how he really feels about Beck, but there were many high on Beck last year including Ireland. I also don't see Ireland going nuts for the the guy in the media cause that would defeat BP purpose. I doubt Bill has concluded Beck doesn't have what it takes based on what happened last year.

All the reports coming out of Davie are the kinda things everyone that wants Beck to succeed want to hear. First to arrive, last to leave, working his tail off, working with the OC and the WR's. There's just way more positive stuff coming out of Davie then negative as far as Beck is concerned.

phinfanukphinfanukNew Member
Apr 26, 2008, 12:13 PM

It's all about interpretation. It would be foolish to think that Parcells isn't constantly trying to replace even his best players with better ones. It doesn't matter who you are, you are rarely the best for long. I see it as a motivational tool.

Phinfanuk

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Apr 26, 2008, 01:29 PM

"feelthepain wrote:

See I don't see it that way. I see it as a motivational tool, but hardly because of lack of confidence. I also think he wants to add some pressure to see how John responds. I seriously doubt you had a personal conversation with Bill about what his real intentions are or how he really feels about Beck, but there were many high on Beck last year including Ireland. I also don't see Ireland going nuts for the the guy in the media cause that would defeat BP purpose. I doubt Bill has concluded Beck doesn't have what it takes based on what happened last year.

All the reports coming out of Davie are the kinda things everyone that wants Beck to succeed want to hear. First to arrive, last to leave, working his tail off, working with the OC and the WR's. There's just way more positive stuff coming out of Davie then negative as far as Beck is concerned.

Parcells wont have this conversation with just Beck. Like I said I expect about 40 to 45 Dolphins players to have heard that speech about how they basically suck and if they dont get their act together they will be replaced. In a sense, you could call that motivation but in another its just being brutally honest with the players and letting them know where they stand. Some players can handle it others cant.

Some players like that about Parcells, others hate that about him. It all depends if you like things sugarcoated or if you want to know the truth



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Apr 26, 2008, 01:30 PM

"phinfanuk wrote:

It's all about interpretation. It would be foolish to think that Parcells isn't constantly trying to replace even his best players with better ones. It doesn't matter who you are, you are rarely the best for long. I see it as a motivational tool.

In a sense I guess you could call it a motivational tool.



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

FinFan_Est.1984FinFan_Est.1984New Member
Apr 26, 2008, 01:57 PM

Nice interview that has me pumped up about the state of our Franchise! I can see that John and Jake have the same work ethics and mindset on Football. This can form into a very nice relationship and trust that is beautiful to see in a LT / QB situation. Also nice to hear how Ginn is hungry and working hard too.

Dan Henning and his attack mentality will be the spark that this offense needs!

Sometimes my optimism gets me in trouble but I would not be at all suprised if we earn a wild card spot this year. Our coaching staff and the mentality that Parcells is infusing into the Miami Dolphins is a wonderful thing. :up:

FIRE DAN HENNING BAND WAGON!