Joey Porter wants out of Miami? Should the Dolphins care?

11 replies

dolfan7171dolfan7171New MemberOP
Jan 27, 2010, 12:59 PM

Win, Lose, or Tie, I will be a Dolphins Fan Until I Die:up:

GISHGISHForum Veteran
Jan 27, 2010, 01:00 PM

merge.

High DefinitionHigh DefinitionNew Member
Jan 27, 2010, 01:18 PM

Thanks for talking trash every week and backing it up half the time.

Bye.

Kanye West wrote:

I treat the cash like the government treats AIDS - I won't be satisfied till all my people get it.... GET IT?

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Jan 27, 2010, 01:19 PM

should the dolphins care?

no.

DolfanColeDolfanColeNew Member
Jan 27, 2010, 02:51 PM

As they say, "don't let the door hit ya, where the good Lord split ya!".

dolfan7171dolfan7171New Member
Jan 27, 2010, 03:18 PM

All I have to say is, that if you want to go then go. No one here is going to stop you from leaving.

Win, Lose, or Tie, I will be a Dolphins Fan Until I Die:up:

DolfanColeDolfanColeNew Member
Jan 27, 2010, 03:26 PM

"dolfan7171 wrote:

All I have to say is, that if you want to go then go. No one here is going to stop you from leaving.

Yep. I'd much rather have players who actually want to be there.

SceetoSceetoForum Veteran
Jan 27, 2010, 03:48 PM

I think the time has come. I love what he did for us in 08' and how he helped with our rebuilding project by being a tough veteran leader, but you can obviously see the drop-off for him has started. It happens to everyone at some point. We did not nearly put enough consistent pressure on the opposing QBs this past season. We couldn't fill all the pieces in one off-season, but we had a great start, IMO by building the trenches and the secondary(CBs, We need a serious upgrade at FS) LBs will be next. There should be decent crop this year to choose from, so we'll see.

Thanks for all the help Peezy. Seriously!

Hey, if he wants to stay on at a reducued rate, with a reduced role than fine. I'd love to keep him, but judging from his comments that does not look likely. Though if he finds no real or better market for him than he might consider it. We'll see.

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Jan 27, 2010, 03:55 PM

"DolfanCole wrote:

Yep. I'd much rather have players who actually want to be there.

I don't think he said he wanted out of Miami... I think the article mentioned that he sensed frustration and sensed that Miami wants to move in a different direction. Personally I think we should try to trade him...

DolfanColeDolfanColeNew Member
Jan 27, 2010, 04:11 PM

"GridIronKing34 wrote:

I don't think he said he wanted out of Miami... I think the article mentioned that he sensed frustration and sensed that Miami wants to move in a different direction. Personally I think we should try to trade him...

Here's what was in the article:

Porter reportedly told a radio station last week back in his hometown of Bakersfield, Calif., that he’s finished with the Miami Dolphins and doesn’t want to come back.

And here's what was reported in the Miami Herald:

Last week, appearing on Romeo in the Morning on Hot 94.1 in Bakersfield, California, Porter's home town, the enigmatic linebacker told the show host that he didn't want to return to the Dolphins in 2010.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2010/01/immediately-following-the-2009-regular-season-dolphins-linebacker-joey-porter-met-with-coach-tony-sparano-and-the-two-discus.html

Albeit these are reports versus direct quotes, they say the same thing -- Joey wants out of Miami. I'm not sure how to interpret it any other way.

BOBofinNew Member
Jan 27, 2010, 04:17 PM

"GridIronKing34 wrote:

I don't think he said he wanted out of Miami... I think the article mentioned that he sensed frustration and sensed that Miami wants to move in a different direction. Personally I think we should try to trade him...

it'd be great to trade him, i think most gm's will just wait til he's cut, you never know

UltraUltraForum Veteran
Jan 27, 2010, 04:22 PM

hmmm, teams that sign old Linebackers.... us, the Cowboys, and the Patriots. I guess he has 2 more stops before retirement.