1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joey Porter: Tom Brady has his own rules

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Colmax, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Lets kick their ***

dolphindebby likes this.
  2. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    what stir exactly would it cause? he didn't seem to say anything hateful.

3. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    Where are you reading in this particular thread that us "fickle bunch" want Joey Porter's head? The theme of this thread is either "its true" or "shutup Porter and play".

4. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    IMO, it's about time the players, fans and coaches stood up and blast brady and his little sissy self. And belicheat.
    I've said it before, he's no different or any better than many other players have been or are. He's just another guy with the exception of getting his way.
    They cheated, they admitted it and got a few fines, big deal. They should have gotten busted big time. Any other team would have.
    And yes, they should have an asterick by their wins.
    I am totally prejudiced about my Dolphins and while I'll give some other teams credit where credit is due. I give ne, brady or belicheat nothing, but disdain.:tantrum:

PhinsFanWife likes this.
  5. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Porter just needs shut up and play if he starts backing up his talk then thats ok but i happen to agree with him that Brady does have his own rules

6. shaunm000

shaunm000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    This is how Porter gets motviated to play, by smack talking. Why do you guys always want him to shut up and play? Dont you remember last year? Talking about Cassel? We were gonna throw the kitchen sink at him, and he did! Let him talk, this is how he plays! I freaking love it!

Firesole likes this.
  7. Furious Yellow

Furious Yellow Mixed-Up Zombie

Nov 25, 2007
    Where something is rotten
    http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2009/10/04/tom-brady-qa-104/

This quote really shows just how much of a girl he is... Tom, you're a football player!! Quit your *****ing and just play!

8. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    been looking forward to this game since the return of Brady
    our pass rush will be the end of his season in 2009
    Miami by 10

9. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    I have to agree with him its not just trash its a fact. Guess its just easy to trip his switch and the media will take advantage of that everytime.

Hope he takes his frustration out on sunday:)

dolphindebby likes this.
  10. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I'm happy to hear Porter make these comments. Too many players and especially coaches are afraid to speak out about the BS that the Patriots get away with year in, year out.

dolphindebby likes this.
  11. Joey Porter is apparently the only Dolphin that will ever be granted airtime on NFL Network. While I would enjoy seeing some of our other players, I love that he gets on there and talks the way he talks. The media is always putting us down and not giving us credit, so Joey's going out there and demanding it. I think he's an incredible motivator for our team, and I love some good trash talk. That said, I also hope "walks the talk" this weekend, LOL.

dolphindebby likes this.
  12. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Is Porter right on Brady Rule?; Belichick plots Wildcat

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/spo...og/2009/11/is_porter_right_on_brady_rule.html

1. So will the Dolphins see the protective shield put around Tom Brady? First, it was Baltimore linebacker Ray Lewis saying the Tom Brady Rule means no one can hit the Patriots quarterback. This week it was Joey Porter.
    “No question,’’ Porter said. “When a guy can tell a ref when to throw a flag and he gets it and stuff like that, he got his own rules. They made the whole [rule that you] don’t go at the legs because of Tom. So when he feels that someone is coming at his legs, he just points at the ref and he gets a flag. So you gotta honestly say that he gets his own rules.’’

This is a tough one. Quarterbacks are the league's meal ticket. But you can't, as former Patriot Rodney Harrison mocked of Brady this year, "put a skirt on him."

steveincolorado likes this.
  13. Califin

Califin Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I have no problem with Porter's comments, and though it may cut across your team's long held conservative image, feel fortunate to have a player who aggressively speaks up for a change.
    Porter still carries the "loose canon" image, but he's become far more cerebral with what he says these days, and less likely to simply shed mindless fodder for the media.
    This one appears delivered as a calculated rant toward our opponent, but indirectly puts the league on notice, and emphasizes scrutiny on the officiating crew, overseeing those calls today in Foxborough.

Expect them to think twice, before displaying such obvious acts of partiality, and with regards to Porters conduct, recent events have clearly shown, "whining" is something generally practiced after a match, not before.

14. finbarrassed

finbarrassed New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    seriously, i think there should be a 5 yd penalty for begging for a penalty

15. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    i think cameron wake needs to start opposite JT next week.

muscle979 likes this.
  16. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Nobody would even notice if Porter was out. He's been completely ineffective at just about everything.

17. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Joey Porter is the winner of the Channing Crowder Award this week - the guy who talks junk all week and then disappears on the field of play.

18. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    sow his mouth shut