1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joey Porter on NFLN

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Muck, Feb 7, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    i already answered that in this thread see post #31 :up:

2. Caps

Caps Movimiento Juvenil

Mar 23, 2008
    We were a better defense in 08 without Taylor you are correct, but as a whole we had a much more veteran defense that year than we did this year, with guys like Holiday and Goodman starting and Will Allen playing the whole season. This year we started two high draft picks at CB the majority of the season and we lost Holliday, Goodman and Hill. So that argument has plenty of legs, strong ones too.

I'm all for injecting youth at every position, and if the young guys beat out the old guys that's fantastic. But you're basically advocating not resigning any veterans over a certain age and pigeonholing the team into committing to a stable of greenhorns. And no matter how talented they are, if you have entire units made up of inexperienced players, you're in for a couple seasons of disappointment.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Jason Taylor can be an important peice for Miami. Age doesn't matter. How you play is all that matters. Right now, we know Taylor is a player. We can afford to keep one player on our team that's up there in age.

dolphindebby likes this.
  4. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    even im not that extreme
    you have to try to stay competitive but when veterans dont perform where does it get you
    taylor started out fairly strong but tapered off and it was obvious that he had way too many snaps
    crowder is what he is and most say he is still young which is true but i dont see him getting better... i still say he is average talent
    porter fell off the map really. it started in 2008 at the end of the season. didnt hear his name in the playoff game against the ravens
    good riddance

your take on the defense was spot on up top
    good post
    i guess it does have legs :lol:
    losing will allen was a tough injury
    you didnt mention ferguson but that might have been the biggest loss of all
    i honestly thought we should have kept vonnie so im not really against keeping veteran players
    like kevin carter before him i was scratching my head
    then starks plays his butt off this season. young guy and a keeper

im rambling again as always
    jt will be back more than likely because he is cheap but this time lets stay true and keep him as a situational pass rusher please

5. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    He made a pretty big play on defense in that playoff game.

dude, wtf is with your posting style? it is unreadable.

Anonymous likes this.
  6. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    yet you read my post and responded
    thanks for playing along :lol: