Joey Porter Interview on NFL Countdown

15 replies

ALalen1New MemberOP
Nov 23, 2008, 11:55 AM

Hank Goldberg was just on NFL Countdown and he talked his conversation with Sparano. He said that Sparano says the Wildcat has 14 plays in the playbook now. When he asked Sparano why was the Wildcat installed, Sparano said "to open up space for the Running Backs." Moreover, Sparano said that he noticed on film that Matt Cassel will not hesitate to throw into double coverage to get Randy Moss the ball. He also noticed that Cassel spreads the wealth now.

This thread was originally for Porter's interview on NFL countdown but Goldberg popped up first. I'll try to write down the Q's & A's of the interview with Joey Porter. I know they showed a preview and they asked why he's still upset at New England and he said he was "cheated."

anlgpanlgpNew Member
Nov 23, 2008, 11:57 AM

Thanks alen.

Interesting that he's willing to throw into double coverage. Lets hope that bites him in the ass.

"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl

ALalen1New Member
Nov 23, 2008, 12:00 PM

No problem, I just hope I can catch the interview.

EDIT: Oh yeah and he said that the Dolphins are aware of the deep ball threat.

STStrazNew Member
Nov 23, 2008, 12:08 PM

"alen1 wrote:

No problem, I just hope I can catch the interview.

EDIT: Oh yeah and he said that the Dolphins are aware of the deep ball threat.

Well hopefulley, Cassell Doesn't even get a chance to throw the long ball today, because of all the pressure in his face from Joey Porter and Holiday.

GARDENHEADGARDENHEADSupporter
Nov 23, 2008, 12:15 PM

They;ve been teasing this for an hour now.

Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin

Brown42000Brown42000New Member
Nov 23, 2008, 12:18 PM

on now

Tex_phinTex_phinNew Member
Nov 23, 2008, 12:22 PM

quote "I'm BACK"

USA-Love it or Leave!

FinSaneFinSaneForum Veteran
Nov 23, 2008, 12:22 PM

he cold man, he cold

i dont care what anyone says, they cheated. im taking that to my grave, man

i love porter

MelbournePhinMelbournePhinNew Member
Nov 23, 2008, 12:24 PM

hmm, last week tom jackson picked us to win the AFCE, now we are third in his opinion??

Tex_phinTex_phinNew Member
Nov 23, 2008, 12:26 PM

Boomer......WTF?

USA-Love it or Leave!

anlgpanlgpNew Member
Nov 23, 2008, 12:26 PM

quick I wasn't watching! didn't know what channel! What'd he say?

"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl

MelbournePhinMelbournePhinNew Member
Nov 23, 2008, 12:27 PM

loved how to m jackson has flip flopped us from 1st to 3rd before this game has been played

FinSaneFinSaneForum Veteran
Nov 23, 2008, 12:28 PM

boomer is a such a bills partisan is sickening. lets put miami last cuz he feels sorry for his crappy . miami beat NE, SD, Baltimore and Buffalo. What tough opposition did the Bills beat?

ALalen1New Member
Nov 23, 2008, 12:29 PM

He opens up with a rap, saying "Ima find me my huckleberry!"

Joey Porter: I tend to get under peoples skin. I do stuff others wont do. I jump out of character, talking to linemen. Then the Running Backs jump in my game and I talk trash to them.

Keyshawn: Whats a huckleberry?

Joey Porter: Mumbles about the movie Huckleberry and says hes a fighter, gunslinger.

Keyshawn: You think trash-talking will bite him?

Vonnie Holliday: No, not really. When hes on the field , he gets going and he responds well.

Keyshawn: Does it help your performance?

Joey Porter: Yeah i put the spotlight on myself.

Keyshawn: What about like last year? When you don't play well, you quiet?

Joey Porter: Yep. Thats why I was quiet last year, I'm back this year and aint nothing going to stop me.

Keyshawn: Is there a difference between the Miami-New England rivalry and the Pittsburgh-New England one?

Joey Porter: Yeah big difference. I got hate from it in Pittsburgh.

Keyshawn: Why?

Joey Porter: I got cheated out of both AFC championship games.

Keyshawn: What did they do?

Joey Porter: What? (gives him a WTF look), they been videotaping for years. If it wasn't workin, why they been doing so good all these years?

Keyshawn: You feel like they were the better team? cheating?

Joey Porter: What!? No! No no! Why destroy tape so fast? We wanna see the tape? No, I dont think they were the better team. I could be sittin here with three AFC rings. Its like they want to put asterisks on everything else. You got to put asterisks on that.

Joey Porter (continuing): Who they got on that team beside Brady? They got a bunch of all right guys. They got some beasts on that d line but I'm not going to knock em. I dont care what no one say.

Keyshawn: What about last year? 16-0?

Joey Porter: I dont know. Maybe they found a new way to cheat? (laughs) That boy cold. That boy cold. (referring to Belichick)

anlgpanlgpNew Member
Nov 23, 2008, 12:32 PM

Thanks a bunch alen.

"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl

Brown42000Brown42000New Member
Nov 23, 2008, 12:36 PM

yeah jackson just lost credibility he had to me. to say miami is going to win the division not even a week ago and then have them finish in 3rd place today doesnt make a whole lot of sense.

boomer with the homer pick so his bills dont finish in last. his opinion has to be disregarded when it comes to the afc east