1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JOE ROSE: Dolphins' biggest strength? Jake Long and Vernon Carey

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Aug 4, 2009.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
  2. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    you win in the trenches......

3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I would say about halfway thru last year i knew that we had a special left tackle, not a solid one for the next 10 years,a special one. I wrote that he was legitimately playing at a probowl level at the point.

What i like about Vernon is his size and strength, what i thought has been missing in his game is an inspiration to play....i think some of the best news ive heard during the offseason is that he and jake have become best friends and workout partners. Putta lil bit of Jake Long inside of vernon carey {not literally,lol} and watch out baby, vernon just might make that jump we all have been waiting for.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  4. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I agree. Jake Long and Vernon Carey are beasts. They are freaks of nature and no one is going to get by them easily this season.

5. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Good article, thanks for the link. :up:

Long and Carey are going to be the driving force (pun indented) for our running game and pass protection for many years to come. I am so totally grateful we have what I think will ultimately become the best bookend pair in the league. Put Grove in at Center, and develop the two guard positions well, and we will have the smash-mouth running game needed to open up the standard offense, improve the passing game, open things up for the WildCat, keep opposing offenses off the field, keep our Defense rested and make us unstoppable in the 4th qtr.

Trowa, djphinfan and cnc66 like this.