Jimmy Clausen

19 replies

SilverphinSilverphinForum VeteranOP
May 7, 2011, 11:51 AM

Just a thought. But if the price was right, how would you feel about trading for Jimmy Clausen from the Panthers?

R&R_ExpressR&R_ExpressNew Member
May 7, 2011, 11:52 AM

i dont think he is worth giving up a pick for him

www.surgedigitaldesign.com
Low Cost Custom Websites and Graphics

DolfanJakeDolfanJakeNew Member
May 7, 2011, 11:57 AM

no better than a 5th.

The home of The English Rugby Club - http://www.rfu.com/

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
May 7, 2011, 12:00 PM

Nah, Claussen doesnt have a good chance of ever being a reliable starter in this league. Better options is FA let alone to waste a pick on.

byroanbyroanAdministrator
May 7, 2011, 12:34 PM

I'd rather have Matt Moore.

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
May 7, 2011, 01:25 PM

I'd rather pick up a Keebler elf in free agency...

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
May 7, 2011, 02:32 PM

"Pandarilla wrote:

I'd rather pick up a Keebler elf in free agency...

"Poppa Smurf" wrote:

Dolphins can lick my ass.

Wait, what?

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
May 7, 2011, 02:40 PM

"KingMotion wrote:

Why do Dolphin fans love scraps? I'll never understand it. If we get Jimmy Claussen, then what? He sits on the bench? And...? How will this benefit us?


There is difference between scraps and players who can be productive in the right situation.

The pickle is not one of them, a VY or Grossman..sure, not him.

cowboy82ndcowboy82ndNew Member
May 7, 2011, 02:47 PM

"padre31 wrote:

There is difference between scraps and players who can be productive in the right situation.

The pickle is not one of them, a VY or Grossman..sure, not him.


Why, Vince Young? All I see on Vince Young is a quarterback who can't stand in the pocket and throw the ball and a cancer to the team. Am I missing something?

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
May 7, 2011, 02:50 PM

He'll be familiar with the system that Daboll runs. You'd think he'd come to Miami (or any team for that matter), humble yet hungry after last season and having been replaced by Newton. It's not necessarily what I would do... but I could see Miami taking a sniff.

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
May 7, 2011, 03:31 PM

I have three words, "Dear, God, NO!"

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

dolfan32323dolfan32323New Member
May 7, 2011, 03:41 PM

Maybe it will get us Andrew Luck? Talk about desperation if we trade anything more than a 4th rounder for this guy.

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
May 7, 2011, 04:11 PM

"lmeister3 wrote:

Wait, what?


Dude, they're just as tall as Clausen and everyone knows that they're high character prospects because they come from a solid family tree...

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
May 7, 2011, 04:20 PM

"KingMotion wrote:

Why would he be familiar with the system? He's in Carolina and Daboll came from Cleveland. Also, I still don't see where people get the hungry, etc., thing from. If a player isn't good enough, no manner of hungry is going to make him a star. I'm sure Derek Anderson was hungry when he went to Arizona.


Think beyond last year... Clausen went to school at Notre Dame... coached by Charlie Weis... former Patriots OC... Daboll was the wide receivers coach under Weis for three years (2002 to 2004). The system each uses is very similar.

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

Phins28Phins28Forum Veteran
May 7, 2011, 04:37 PM

I would do that trade in a heartbeat.

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
May 7, 2011, 04:49 PM

"KingMotion wrote:

I'm not quite sure that holds. Looking at KC and Cleveland last year, they had different schemes imo.


How were they different?

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
May 7, 2011, 05:21 PM

"Paul 13 wrote:

How were they different?


Daboll had WCO elements and WCO-type QBs forced on him via Mike Holmgren. Eric Mangini further altered the offense.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
May 7, 2011, 08:22 PM

"KingMotion wrote:

KC had more of a passing element, working Bowe and Moeaki into it. A lot of the difference may have come down to what talent they had though. So me saying this isn't taking into account whether Cleveland's passing attack would have been similar if they had similar pieces.

Certainly the end product was different between the Chiefs and Browns last year due to the players involved. But the terminology would be very similar. An Erhardt - Perkins terminology, names instead of numbers to describe route patters for example.

"Desides wrote:

Daboll had WCO elements and WCO-type QBs forced on him via Mike Holmgren. Eric Mangini further altered the offense.

True... but still Daboll's background is within the Weis scheme, which is what Clausen would find familiar.

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

Boik14Boik14Supporter
May 7, 2011, 11:25 PM

"byroan wrote:

I'd rather have Matt Moore.

This. I like Matt Moore long term as a high quality backup. Clausen wouldnt be bad if we got him cheap but my guess is Carolina will try and continue to develop him with the hope of trading him for a higher quality pick long term.

"Pandarilla wrote:

Dude, they're just as tall as Clausen and everyone knows that they're high character prospects because they come from a solid family tree...

Do they come with Ted Ginn's family? Do they Fail Forward Fast?

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
May 8, 2011, 12:30 AM

"Boik14 wrote:

This. I like Matt Moore long term as a high quality backup. Clausen wouldnt be bad if we got him cheap but my guess is Carolina will try and continue to develop him with the hope of trading him for a higher quality pick long term.

Do they come with Ted Ginn's family? Do they Fail Forward Fast?


LOL, fail forward fudge stripes...