Jim Tomsula named 49ers head coach

15 replies

Not So FastNot So FastForum VeteranOP
Jan 14, 2015, 08:22 PM
Nappy RootsNappy RootsForum Veteran
Jan 14, 2015, 08:48 PM

Baffling.

jpep13jpep13Supporter
Jan 14, 2015, 09:03 PM

Bad hire for them

FinSaneFinSaneForum Veteran
Jan 14, 2015, 10:03 PM

Wasn't even a coordinator for them.

MAMaple PhinNew Member
Jan 14, 2015, 10:23 PM

They feel comfortable with him, remember when they hired another position coach. Some Singletary guy. The Eagles did ok grabbing a 49ers position coach, with Andy Reid right?

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Jan 14, 2015, 10:32 PM

Good hire for them, he's been a great position coach for them and their teammates love him, they keep Fangio as well. The defense will remain legitimate especially with Bowman back.. Just got to hire someone to coach up Kaepernick.

gilv13gilv13Forum Veteran
Jan 15, 2015, 12:24 AM

Still a better hire than Adam Gase.

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Jan 15, 2015, 01:07 AM

I wouldn't hire any assistant coaches/coordinators from the Packers, Broncos and the Patriots... Bill O'Brien might be the only exception... Everyone else I'd stay far away from...

shamegame13shamegame13Forum Veteran
Jan 15, 2015, 02:09 AM

Anyone that thinks this is a good hire is crazy. They had a top 5 NFL HC and got rid of him because of massive sized ego's in the Front Office. They got worse the day they got rid of Harbaugh unless they somehow grabbed, Belicheck, John Harbaugh, Mike Tomlin, Tom Coughlin or Don Shula in a time machine dating back to the 70's.

xphinfanxxphinfanxForum Veteran
Jan 16, 2015, 12:39 PM

Who?

That's why they play the games!:yes:

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Jan 16, 2015, 12:52 PM

Have no clue who this guy is, but since his last name rhymes with Don Shula, I'm gonna go ahead and approve this one.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Jan 16, 2015, 01:06 PM

"lmeister3 wrote:

Have no clue who this guy is, but since his last name rhymes with Don Shula, I'm gonna go ahead and approve this one.

Does Mike get your approval then to replace Philbin?

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Jan 16, 2015, 01:17 PM

"Vertical Limit wrote:

Does Mike get your approval then to replace Philbin?

Too reminiscent of the Brian Griese experiment.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

FinSaneFinSaneForum Veteran
Jan 16, 2015, 02:46 PM

"lmeister3 wrote:

Too reminiscent of the Brian Griese experiment.

Hey now, Mike has been solid for Carolina these past few years. Cam has really come along in that offense. Hell they had no WRs aside from rookie Kelvin Benjamin and look how far they got. Granted they played in a crap division but still made it to the 2nd round.

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Jan 16, 2015, 03:05 PM

I think hes a definite upgrade for sure, not my first choice but I wouldnt mind it either.

FIFin4EverSupporter
Jan 22, 2015, 11:11 PM

I would love for the Dolphins to give Mike Shula a shot and have Don as a special advisor and have mentioned it b4. I bet he would be much better than Philbin.