1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jets trying to get Brandon Marshall?

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Jaydog57, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Jaydog57

Jaydog57 Canes/Fins/Magic fan

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Broncos coach Josh McDaniels has consistently stated the team intends for Marshall, who wants either a new contract or a trade, to play for Denver this season. On Friday, Denver suspended Marshall through Sept. 5 for "detrimental" conduct.

The Broncos want Marshall to accept playing for them as the only outcome so that he will conform his behavior. The concern for the Broncos is those attempts could be undermined if the brooding Pro Bowl player becomes convinced a trade is possible.

Citing a source, Newsday reported on Wednesday that the Jets are "seriously considering" making a play for Marshall soon.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4439877

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Hey let them take a headcase then we have a headcase at WR on the Bills and the Jets.

3. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    True Anlgp there could be a head case on the NYJ if they get Marshall but really he has only been trouble (as far as the team goes not off the field) since he wanted out of Denver. So more than likely he would be well behaved in NY at least for the first few years of his contract. I think you would see more of a Moss situation than a TO, and as far as TO goes his first year with a new team is always a happy time. So I expect TO to be productive and quiet this season and then if he's extended possibly trouble (Buffalo actually did a great job just signing him to a one year deal IMO, but luckily they still have Edwards as the QB). However I give TO more of a chance of hurting the Bills than Marshall with the Jets but I still only give it about a 10% chance.

All in all I would not be happy if Brandon Marshall, TO, and Moss were all in the division because that will cause headaches for even the best secondaries. Plus it would make the Jets a lot better if they get Marshall, since it appears Sanchez is in a great situation to be a rookie game manager and have a solid rookie year.

Stitches likes this.
  4. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    The Pats have a headcase in Moss too. Of course he's been more of a headache for us than them.

5. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    The Jets are trying to be the first team in NFL history to enter a draft with no picks.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009