1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jets to cut Faneca, Ellis, and Thomas post draft?

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Boik14, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I guess this is putting Odrick, Corey Wooten and Mike Iupati in play for their pick at 29 and in round two in addition to depth at CB, a pass rushing LB, and safety help.

Faneca did not look nearly as good last year, he looked old and slow. Thomas is and always has been relatively useless as a pass rusher. And Ellis I thought was a Jet for life so that would just surprise me. Things just got interesting

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/DMN-Our-first-look-at-the-NFL-schedule.html

2. Speaking of the Jets, they are actively shopping guard Alan Faneca, defensive end Shaun Ellis and linebacker Bryan Thomas and will probably waive these players after the draft. You might be surprised to read Faneca’s name, but he’s the first to go after the draft.

SJ2100 and unluckyluciano like this.
  2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    No surprise with Thomas, he's long been mentioned as the guy who'll get bumped to make roster room for Jason Taylor should he sign.

Faneca isn't quite a surprise, since he's getting up there in age. The Jets might go with Iupati if he's available at their pick, though I think the Steelers would likely draft him. (What a coincidence there, eh?)

Ellis... really? That's a strange decision, that guy can play. But hey, Crazy Wrecks can do whatever he wants.

3. Soundwave

Soundwave Phins Sympathizer..

Apr 15, 2008
    Steelers are looking at Pouncey at 1.18 AFAIK. With more teams moving to the 34 defense, a center who can hold the line vs a NT solo is a rare commodity

4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I doubt Odrick or Iupati make it to 29. However, the Jets show all the time they are not in the slightest afraid to trade up and get their guy. Could certainly happen again here.

Wouldnt mind taking a look at Ellis or Faneca here if indeed true.