1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jets Players overconfidence leading to their downfall?

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by The Aqua Crush, Dec 10, 2008.

1. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Heard on the Sirius Blitz on the way into work with Adam and John that Keller for sure and possibly a couple others came out and said the reason they played so poorly in San Fran was they were distracted by the media in NY getting them hyped up about a NY/NY superbowl.

I couldn't stop laughing. The hosts tore into the players saying they are shocked something so stupid could be their reason they played poorly.

I don't have a link but if true, that will cause a mess of distractions for the jets in the final three games.

Mangini maybe hasn't spent enough time with all his players, he should give brett some breathing room and teach these other guys how to stay focused and determined.

So glad he's not our coach. All sparano has our guys thinking is get to work to get 9.

njfinfan likes this.
  2. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    They're right about that. I'm being smothered by all the sportscasters and sports media up here predicting an all NY superbowl. It's driving me crazy - I can't even watch the sports anymore. I was so happy when Channel 2 got rid of Duke Castiglione (a huge Jets homer) and then they replaced him with John Discepalo (an even bigger one).

The Aqua Crush likes this.
  3. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    As Steve Young once said......

J-E-T-S

Just End The Season:shifty:

4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Clayton was saying on Sportscenter that there are some dark rumors that should the Jets lose the final game against Miami and the Phins, and get eliminated from the playoffs, that Mangini could be fired in favor of none other than Coach Chin.
    I found that quite amusing, even if it does mean playing Cowher twice a year, it would be nice to see us become enough of a presence that we affect other teams coaching decisions.

5. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I've read the rumor about Cowher as well.

6. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Oh - and those Jets fans they interview on the news. Uggh. They keep showing Favor too - double uggh. Seems very cocky to me, or has he always been that way? Absolutely nauseating.

7. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    Hopefully, this crap will stop and we will just play the game this week.

BZ

8. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I don't know if its overconfidence, maybe a little a few weeks ago with all the Giants vs Jets Superbowl stuff.

I just think the Jets can't figure out how to play in the West Coast, and they can't play 4:00PM games, just look at the schedule. That's got to come from coaching, what could they do different? I have no clue.

I also think they are trying to keep Farve to much under wraps and playing the way they would with Pennington at QB.

9. The Aqua Crush

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Yeah I"m not sure if overconfidence is the word. Maybe distracted, unfocused. The hosts, and i agree, that you can't possibly expect anyone to believe that you lost last week because of the media reports, not a good thing to say publically, very brutal excuse nonetheless.

10. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    /end thread :hi5:

11. The Aqua Crush

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    I hope not...of course :lol:

12. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I really hate those guys!

13. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA

I agree, probably a result of him throwing pick 6s every week when they were letting him throw more. How ironic that now they just want him to be exactly like the guy they cut.

cnc66 likes this.
  14. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    only not as good...

steveincolorado and muscle979 like this.
  15. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Chad has 200 more passing yards in 25 less attempts than grandpa Favre.
    Favre is making 8 mil more than Chad.
    Both teams have the same record

Farve does have more TD's but he also has more Int's.