Jets made smart move by getting rid of Coles
6 replies
http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/ny-spglaub266049819feb26,0,3836806.column
Jets made smart move in getting rid of Coles
by Bob Glauber
February 26, 2009Say this much for Laveranues Coles: Since coming to the Jets as a third-round pick in 2000, the guy has been a warrior, playing through sprained ankles, sore knees and concussions. But in the end, Coles had become too much of a pain in the neck for the Jets.
For all the tough catches Coles made over the middle, it was his obsessive preoccupation with his contract that prompted the Jets to part ways with him yesterday. There's still a chance he'll consider returning, especially if he can't find a suitable deal on the free-agent market. But the more likely scenario is that the Jets are done with the 31-year-old receiver.
As well they should be.
What do YOU think
"Lt Dan wrote:
What do YOU think
I've already stated it here and on the Club Level, I think the Jets made a fantastic decision in this case. His time here should've ended after the 2007 season.
I didn't know the JEST knew how to make smart moves:shifty:
"steveincolorado wrote:
I didn't know the JEST knew how to make smart moves:shifty:
:pity:
I can't wait for Pennington to show you his downside... (Like how he performs in the PO's, oh wait...)
It will be especially wonderful to watch him do it with Coles.
That way, you'll realize you're just doing what we already did at the start of this decade.
Good luck!
"AGAW wrote:
:pity:
I can't wait for Pennington to show you his downside... (Like how he performs in the PO's, oh wait...)
It will be especially wonderful to watch him do it with Coles.
That way, you'll realize you're just doing what we already did at the start of this decade.
Good luck!
but that just isn't scary, at worst it will happen one more time.. we have someone in the wings. Chad has never played two seasons back to back without missing games so we will likely see ChadII sooner than later anyway.
And welcome bro, glad you joined us.
"124 wrote:
I've already stated it here and on the Club Level, I think the Jets made a fantastic decision in this case. His time here should've ended after the 2007 season.
Yep, I gotta agree with you.
I for one don't think he is gonna make it to Miami but I do trust the guys making the decisions.
Oh and as CNC stated, welcome aboard AGAW. I suggest you go to the introduction area and start a thread. We welcome ALL members regardless of their "Questionable" choice of teams.
124 has become a very valued member in here. We rib him once in awhile, but always in fun, and he takes it right in style. :knucks: