1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jets keeping close eye on Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by GISH, Mar 17, 2009.

1. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
  2. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    Jets an unlikely landing spot for Broncos' Cutler

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/...t=Ao51.AgGLXou_U0lH6qe3nM5nYcB?urn=nfl,148557

3. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    The Broncos are going to have to settle for an unproven Quarterback if they are going to trade him because his suitors do not have a proven winning Quarterback on their rosters:

Jets: Clemens, Ratliff, Ainge
    Vikings: Jackson, Rosenfels
    Buccaneers: McCown (Luke), Johnson, Other no-names
    Lions: Culpepper (hahahahahhahahaha), Stanton

If I'm the Jets I'd go to Denver with (since they want players):

RB Thomas Jones or Leon Washington
    QB Kellen Clemens or Brett Ratliff
    OLB Bryan Thomas
    2nd Round Draft Pick

Then at 17th overall take Knowshon Moreno. :up:

BleedinGreenNC likes this.
  4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Also heard mention of the bears, who have Orton. Not someone to bet the farm on, but at the least a very solid stop gap. Also, Clayton mentioned the Browns giving up Anderson or Quinn. Seems an odd move for them, but you never know I guess.

5. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Anderson or Quinn AND Shaun Rogers for Cutler would be a good move for both sides, IMO.

6. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    And Denver would laugh, 124--sorry man.

They're not going to give that value up for a RB, especially Jones who is aging, looking for another deal and when McDaniels comes from the Belicheck lineage of not putting a lot of value on RB (same with Parcells). Kellen Clemens or Brett Ratliff? They would rather go with Patrick Ramsey I'm sure. Bryan Thomas, I don't think they're interested in trading for a guy that I'm sure the Jets would love to dump to some other team--he's overpaid and he doesn't make enough plays.

The Matt Cassell trade was the perfect one for McDaniels and the Broncos if they wanted to do it, but it didn't work out. I don't see Cutler moving.

7. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    If I was Denver I would trade Cutler for a 1St and 3Rd pick, then I would sign Jeff Garcia, he is experienced and would fit into their system. They should draft a QB and develop him under Garcia for a few years.