1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jets GM speaks

Discussion in '2010 GM League Forum' started by JMHPhin, Feb 9, 2010.

Tags:
  1. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    GM JMH held a presser to discuss recent moves.

"first off let me say to the arm chair critics, i respect your right to your opinion, but it is not relevant. We had some very very tough decisions to make after being left in hell by the malicious/vindictive GIK. who seriously has it out for this GM, why i dont know.

sacrifices, and yes eating some pride and accepting lower than market deals to become players in the market while getting younger in the def front 7.

I am happy to report we went from almost a 1/2 mil over the cap to having close to 15.5 mil in cap room with futher cuts coming.

now lets see what we have done

in an effort to change the jets fully to a touggh, physical powerhouse, we have moved the diva prima donna, "I may break a nail if I slide" Marki Snatchez and brought in blue collar "I did not have sexual relations with that girl" "if the condom doesnt fit, you must aquit" Big Ben Roethlisberger who has won 2 SB in 5 years and is from the miidwest so is definitely used to cold weather and can take a hit w/o crying "my bum, my bum" like that nancy girl Snatchez. def upgrade and puts us on the map

we were sad to see N Mangold go, being a buckeye (O-H-I-O), but sacrifice. we were pleased we could bring in a great C in N Hardwick.

we also brought in 2 young and tough lbs that are "football" players thhat have worked to prove themselves not asked to be given in Zac Diles and Jason Phillips, not name players but guys you want on your team.

we have accumulated a surplus of mid rd picks where I believe you build winners.

In the process of building a team, while cleaning up the financial messes of the past, it is a painfull process when all phases must be allowed to play out for the picture to clear.

Thank you and the next phase should start to bring the plan into more focus

Paul 13 likes this.
  2. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Here here.
    Nice speach, especially the Nancy boy rhetoric :up: